Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I saw the Northern Lights yesterday. So pretty. It's not the first time I've ever seen them, but they never fail to impress me.

In other news, today is a terrible day. So far everything I've attempted has ended in a fail. Grrr.

*HUG*

I have never seen the northern lights. It is on my list of Mountie-things-to-do.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i was attacked by some idiot in st. john's (newfiemike)

He’s climbing in your hotels

He’s snatchin your booze up

Tryna drink em so y’all need to

Hide your kids, hide your screech

And hide your white rum

Cuz he's drinkin' everything out here

We got your t-shirt (actually)

You done left fingerprints and all

You are so dumb

You are really dumb–for real

lol. Bed attacker.

Kids these days are so deprived when it comes to cartoons. We used to have Duck Tales, Darkwing Duck, Talespin, Batman TAS, X-Men TAS, Gargoyles, Animaniacs, and a bunch of other great stuff that I can't remember right now. Nowadays most of the big networks don't even have Saturday morning or weekday evening cartoons, and most of whats on cable is crap.
Yeah! +ReBoot

+1

Recess, Pepperanne, Doug...what was the one where they always said "later dayz"?

I think it was called The Weekenders or something? It was where they always ate pizza at the place that seemed to have a different owner/theme every day, right?

We couldn't see the northern lights show here in southern BC because of the forest fire smoke. Boo.

I think a cat has adopted me. If I get into med school for next year, now I will have to find a place to live that will allow me to have animals... :/

She's sweet and fearless. I have never had a cat before. I kind of like her, but I wasn't thinking about getting a new pet at this point in my life.

HARPERCOLLINS ACQUIRES

JUSTIN BIEBER’S OFFICIAL ILLUSTRATED MEMOIR

New York/London (August 2, 2010) – HarperCollins announced today the acquisition of the official illustrated memoir from multi-platinum selling superstar Justin Bieber. JUSTIN BIEBER: FIRST STEP 2 FOREVER: MY STORY will reveal Justin’s amazing journey to superstardom. This beautifully designed hardcover book contains exclusive, never-before-seen photos―a must-have for fans afflicted with Bieber-fever. The book will be published this October in both the United States ($21.99) and in the UK (£16.99).

“Every day I wake up and count my blessings. My fans have played such a large part in all of this and they help me live my dreams every day. I’m excited to share just a little bit more of my world with them through this book,” says Justin Bieber. “Between the behind-the-scenes pictures and the story I think this is going to be something they can all enjoy. This is just another way for me to say thank you to my fans.”

Born in Stratford, Ontario, Justin Bieber is a multi-talented pop/soul singer and self-taught musician on drums, guitar, piano, and trumpet. As an amateur he posted renditions of his favorite hip-hop and R&B songs on YouTube.com, to the tune of 50 million views. Now, Bieber’s video for "Baby" is the most-watched music video in YouTube history with more than 250 million views. Justin Bieber is the first solo artist in history to send four songs from a debut album into the Billboard Hot 100's Top 40 prior to the album's release. He is also the youngest male solo artist in the history of the Billboard 200 to chart a #1 album since 13-year-old Stevie Wonder did so in the summer of 1963. These accolades have resulted in total record sales to date exceeding 5 million.

In 2007, his manager Scooter Braun introduced Justin to the music industry in Atlanta. Scooter Braun formed the RBMG joint-venture label with Usher and signed the 13-year-old Bieber to his first professional deal. RBMG in turn signed a deal with Antonio ‘L.A.’ Reid, Chairman of the Island Def Jam Music Group. Now, Braun and Creative Artists Agency have sold the rights to JUSTIN BIEBER: FIRST STEP 2 FOREVER: MY STORY to Anna Valentine, Harper Non-Fiction Senior Commissioning Editor (UK), and Emily Brenner, Vice President and Publisher of HarperFestival (US).

“Justin’s adoring and devoted fan base that started on YouTube now follows him to packed concert halls around the world,” says Susan Katz, President and Publisher of HarperCollins Children’s Books. “He is a force in the music industry and we are incredibly excited to be publishing this photographic memoir of his amazing journey.”

Valentine added, “This is a real coup for us and we are very excited about adding Justin to our autumn program. Justin is the hottest star of the moment and this book will be the perfect gift for his millions of fans worldwide.”

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

A memoir for a 16 yr old? My my.

Two colons and using a number for a word in the title. Thumbs down for whoever named the book.

My guess is that it was probably the brilliance of a 16 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty yet...either that or a 40 year old publisher thinking that it sounds like a 16 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty. Justin Bieber makes me sad because he isn't a brilliant musician in any sense and seeing things like this (while I'm sure is partially driven by a bit of envy) makes me lament for the days when music artists were actually triple threat talented (great singer, great dancer, great writer)

Justin Bieber's "Baby" lyrics

Ohh/woah - 29 times

Gone - 7 times

Baby - 56 times

Love/mine - 21 times

Musical brilliance.

My guess is that it was probably the brilliance of a 16 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty yet...either that or a 40 year old publisher thinking that it sounds like a 16 year old boy who hasn't hit puberty. Justin Bieber makes me sad because he isn't a brilliant musician in any sense and seeing things like this (while I'm sure is partially driven by a bit of envy) makes me lament for the days when music artists were actually triple threat talented (great singer, great dancer, great writer)

Justin Bieber's "Baby" lyrics

Ohh/woah - 29 times

Gone - 7 times

Baby - 56 times

Love/mine - 21 times

Musical brilliance.

i love this song! :D his one and only song that i like.

but you're right, what's happened to the industry? they've all gone mad! bring back the 50-60s when song lyrics made sense, the singing was REAL and not a studio product, and when artists loved their art - singing, instead of trying to sell perfumes, clothes, and accessories.

Everything except the OSAP and a couple of minor things is going awesomely in my life. Why do I always worry about the money?! I feel like drinking something heavy duty right now.

Edit: I can't stand Bieber. And he's not the only one. I actually feel sorry for the kid.

Everything except the OSAP and a couple of minor things is going awesomely in my life. Why do I always worry about the money?! I feel like drinking something heavy duty right now.

Edit: I can't stand Bieber. And he's not the only one. I actually feel sorry for the kid.

Je Suis a la aerogare a ce moment! Gotta love free wifi from Rogers and hurray for vacaaaayyy :D

My husband and I are moving into our apartment tomorrow. Our furniture and effects are still nowhere to be seen, but we are tired of living in hotels. So we bought a couple of foam pads and we'll be "camping out" until our stuff arrives, and making do with plastic cutlery and paper plates.

I'm trying to find a nice place for the cats to hang out when our stuff finally arrives, so they aren't stressed when the movers and unpackers are busy working on the apartment. I found one lovely boarding place, where the cats would have their own room (and not a horrible little cage) but I haven't been able to reach them by phone and haven't heard back via email yet. But my fingers are crossed.

At least we have TV and internet at our apartment. Our TVs went into storage before we moved to Germany, so we have those here now, and Telus installed our TV and internet service last week, so we're set that way at least.

Archived