Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

I tried calling a couple of times to figure out when my movers were planning on arriving and kept getting a range of dates. I finally called and talked to a lady in dispatch who informed me that she had no idea when my stuff would arrive (to which I replied, well that's sure handy). I gave an annoying sigh and asked if I would receive a call when it's supposed to arrive and she said I'd definitely hear the day before it was coming.

No more than 5 minutes later - the doorbell rang.... it was the movers.

Lawl!! Hilarious! Kay, the first mover we chose said he'd deliver this week, and the most bizarre thing happened. He's been M.I.A. since two weeks ago. He's not returning our calls, his company told us he was doing our move "on the side" since they have no record of it. *horror!* And I found out later that he hadn't even collected my things. Which turned out to be a good thing, since I was able to scramble and find a new mover. The universe works in mysterious, albeit truly beneficial ways.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I tried calling a couple of times to figure out when my movers were planning on arriving and kept getting a range of dates. I finally called and talked to a lady in dispatch who informed me that she had no idea when my stuff would arrive (to which I replied, well that's sure handy). I gave an annoying sigh and asked if I would receive a call when it's supposed to arrive and she said I'd definitely hear the day before it was coming.

No more than 5 minutes later - the doorbell rang.... it was the movers.

Wow! That's just crazy.

Although we had absolutely no idea when our stuff was going to arrive, we did have a day's warning. Since we were moving from Germany, our stuff had to clear customs, so my husband had to go down to customs and get all the paperwork approved before our sea container would be released for the movers to then deliver it to us.

So although they were several weeks late, due to a lovely dock workers strike in Montreal, at least we had a bit of warning when our stuff actually got here.

After applying to so many US schools, I'm thinking of just not applying to Canadian ones outside of Ontario. I don't know if I have the time to finish UBC and Dalhousie's app, I haven't started yet and they are due by Sept 1!

That's early! I don't remember Dal's deadline being that early this past cycle. If you do apply to dal, you can just recycle your essay for U of t. It'll save you some time later on when you're working on OMSAS.

But that choice is yours to make. :)

That's early! I don't remember Dal's deadline being that early this past cycle. If you do apply to dal, you can just recycle your essay for U of t. It'll save you some time later on when you're working on OMSAS.

But that choice is yours to make. :)

Hmm, it seems like the Dal one is sufficiently longer. The essay I have for the US is almost good enough for U of T (have a bit of space still). I make the Dal cutoffs and I think I have a well-rounded application, so I'll try to do it next weekend... I don't think I'll apply to UBC though.

OMG OMG OMG OMG I GOT A 7 IN A VERBAL PRACTICE EXAM... MY HIGHEST SCORE!!! :D (i wasn't able to do the last passage tho :( )

A 10 is on its way, keep practicing and learning!

Hmm, it seems like the Dal one is sufficiently longer. The essay I have for the US is almost good enough for U of T (have a bit of space still). I make the Dal cutoffs and I think I have a well-rounded application, so I'll try to do it next weekend... I don't think I'll apply to UBC though. ....

Keep pushing on! Your hardwork will soon pay off. I have a feeling you're going to get in somewhere amazing! Mayhaps U of t and then we'll be colleagues. :D

Man oh man...3 days in a row i've done 3 EK VR tests and I have gotten 32 out of 40 every single time!!! i don't get it...how can I be so bloody consistent?

If i could get even 1 more answer correct, I would theoretically boost my score a point. It isn't like I am getting the same ones wrong over and over either, just always a smattering. *le sigh*

The good news is that I have more and more time left at the end as I go, so that will give me plenty of time to finish should the current AAMC verbal passages be longer than the EK practise ones. I just wanna get over the hump and get the 'good' marks :P

My netbook just arrived....I'm in love.

lovely lovely, C! I am afraid that I might be the only new undergrad without a computer at my desk this fall ...am i going to be the loser that sticks out with a sore thumb? Is it a necessity to have a computer in lecture these days???

lovely lovely, C! I am afraid that I might be the only new undergrad without a computer at my desk this fall ...am i going to be the loser that sticks out with a sore thumb? Is it a necessity to have a computer in lecture these days???

LL, you certainly are not a loser, you don't have a sore thumb and it is not necessary to have a computer at your desk. Different strokes for different folks. :)

Man oh man...3 days in a row i've done 3 EK VR tests and I have gotten 32 out of 40 every single time!!! i don't get it...how can I be so bloody consistent?

If i could get even 1 more answer correct, I would theoretically boost my score a point. It isn't like I am getting the same ones wrong over and over either, just always a smattering. *le sigh*

The good news is that I have more and more time left at the end as I go, so that will give me plenty of time to finish should the current AAMC verbal passages be longer than the EK practise ones. I just wanna get over the hump and get the 'good' marks :P

Keep up the good work!

You will be scorned. People will throw rotten veggies and rocks.

I wasn't too enamored with the EK VR prep. It was the only section of Ek I didn't like.

Archived