Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Those lessons are very true. Actions do speak louder than words and it is very important to show others how you feel.

Of course. It makes sense. Then why don't people utilize this instead of talking?! Seriously. Who needs words when you've got all of these actions?!

The underlined part can be a fatal error! I only trust those who have proven or earned their trust and usually, this is a result of extenuating circumstances where the individual has proven him/herself. Words are cheap. Especially, haha, when a person says 'you can trust me'! I trust myself!! Mind you, there is san expression, "keep your enemises close (so you can keep an eye on them and see what they are up to) ( or 'keep your friends close and your enemies closer").

Well, I don't feel like keeping these people around me. Pretty much, I'm ready to open the door and tell them to walk and keep on walking. And I'm not a mean person. But you've got to draw a line sometimes. Choose whom you help, because most likely, they won't be there when you need them. It's not reciprocal. It's like "thanks... i'll take that... oh you need my help? I'm sorry. Not available today." Well, too bad - I'm not either.

Pretty much, I'm ready to open the door and tell them to walk and keep on walking....you've got to draw a line sometimes. Choose whom you help, because most likely, they won't be there when you need them. It's not reciprocal.

I do tell people to walk on a regular basis, simply by cutting them o ut of my life, not returning callsa adn ignoing them. If the insist upon being in my face, I will tell them in no uncertain terms "Ill see you on the other side" or "get lost".

As for hellping people, I do this for selfish and not selfless reasons. By that I mean, I receive my own internal reward and am not motivated by the other person being grateful or doing for me. Of course, I will not knowingly help someone I consider unworthy or who has not acted appropriately with me. In life, I play to the beat of my own drum and it seems to have worked for me thus far.

damn right I did. I'll let you know when my personal lab notes that leads to my Nobel goes on ebay.

Sounds good! Mine should probably be quarantined or something...has been exposed to too many lab chemicals and carcinogens. It has the aromas of paraformaldehyde wafting from it...

Okay, so I found this amazing dress at Le Chateau, on sale!!! I was just so impressed with myself. lol.

Wearing it to the CN tower formal fo' sho'! :D

And moving to tee dot tmr!! hurray!

I LOVE Le Chateau party dresses! That's totally my go-to place when I need something pretty!

I LOVE Le Chateau party dresses! That's totally my go-to place when I need something pretty!

I do too! Their quality and their styles are amazing. Always pricey though, so I was positively giddy with excitement when I found it. Such a steal.

The brown in me loves a good bargain.

I do too! Their quality and their styles are amazing. Always pricey though, so I was positively giddy with excitement when I found it. Such a steal.

The brown in me loves a good bargain.

Do you have an outlet store near you?! The girls at the Winnipeg outlet know me by name, lol.

I've been getting into Suzy Shier for just regular clothes now. I used to buy everything at Le Chateau but I don't know if they're stuff is changing or if I'm getting old. (..24 isn't old, is it?)

Do you have an outlet store near you?! The girls at the Winnipeg outlet know me by name, lol.

I've been getting into Suzy Shier for just regular clothes now. I used to buy everything at Le Chateau but I don't know if they're stuff is changing or if I'm getting old. (..24 isn't old, is it?)

No, just a regular store. I wish it was an outlet store! I'd be there every month. haha.

I like Suzy too. Decent prices, that I can digest.

No, just a regular store. I wish it was an outlet store! I'd be there every month. haha.

I like Suzy too. Decent prices, that I can digest.

Have you ever been to an H&M? HEAVEN! I'd love to have one here! Between H&M, Sephora and Lush, I'd need a second job.

Have you ever been to an H&M? HEAVEN! I'd love to have one here! Between H&M, Sephora and Lush, I'd need a second job.

OMG, I love Sephora and H&M. Lush, not so much. I like the Body Shop better. Their body butters (esp Satsuma) equals wonderful-tastic, IMO. lol.

We've hijacked this thread. Sorry everyone, y'all can have it back now.:o

Why exactly are we not friends? :o

Archived