Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You will be fine ygella. Transition, moving away from home for the first time is always a diifcult and exciting time. You will fit right in. Just remember, do not allow yorself to be tempted by the many distractions surrounding you. Especially in the first term, you will need focus, discipline, time management skills and academics must be your only priority. Stay up to date with your lectures and assignments. If you run into problems, don't wait, go to counselling, find out the problem, there is normally peer tutoring and professional tutoring available. Best of luck! Enjoy the journey....

thanks for the advice ;), I'm sure there are many ups and downs ahead and I should make the most of it...

LOL! I remember that! I too am glad you stuck around. I had a similar experience with n00b once and I'm still mad at him, haha.

haha, n00b isn't around anymore is he?

*sigh* My skin clearly does not like Edmonton. Stupid eczema on my hands again, and I did not have a single breakout the four years we were in Munich. Of course, my steroid cream from four years ago (which was the last time I had eczema) is long expired. :P Ah well, I have some OTC cream and some lovely Aveeno :) (I love Aveeno!) cream that says it is especially for eczema. If those don't do the trick, I'll venture out to a walk-in clinic tomorrow or Tuesday. Fun, fun! :rolleyes:

*sigh* My skin clearly does not like Edmonton. Stupid eczema on my hands again, and I did not have a single breakout the four years we were in Munich. Of course, my steroid cream from four years ago (which was the last time I had eczema) is long expired. :P Ah well, I have some OTC cream and some lovely Aveeno :) (I love Aveeno!) cream that says it is especially for eczema. If those don't do the trick, I'll venture out to a walk-in clinic tomorrow or Tuesday. Fun, fun! :rolleyes:

I love Aveeno too!!! :) Really helps with dry skin.

My sister lives in AB too, didn't have eczema at all while she was in New Zealand for more than a year, then BOOM- it's back as soon as she sets foot on Cdn soil.

She's convinced it has to do with food additives. Sometihng for you to think about, maybe, considering your intended program of study?

Tonight I have concluded that it IS possible to do a mtl to TO run in under 4 hrs. As long as its in the night, like what I just finished doing. :D

Of course it is....also early morning is good...less than 3 hrs to belleville, perhaps even 2:35 or less and then plenty of time to TO under 4 hrs :P

Tonight I have concluded that it IS possible to do a mtl to TO run in under 4 hrs. As long as its in the night, like what I just finished doing. :D

Wow, you are crazy man. Going 130-140 the majority of the 401, it still takes about 3.5 hours to get to Ottawa in good traffic (not getting caught behind big trucks). This is from a friend's perspective, of course :cool:

On that note, I'm driving to Ottawa tomorrow (need to get up in...3 hours...sigh) to buy some stuff for my place and to do my student stuff like OSAP and such...then, driving back on the same day :D

Gonna be a lot of driving :(

And anyone hear this story? Makes me lol all the time (related to speeding, admission to guilt, posting on internet forums, and getting caught lol):

http://www.globaltoronto.com/Vaughan+gets+driving+after+online+post+about+speeding/3381185/story.html

That's crazy! :eek: We aren't in Germany, where the cars and the roads are built for that kind of speed. It is really the roads that would keep me from going fast here in Canada - they just aren't built and maintained for speed. :(

My sister lives in AB too, didn't have eczema at all while she was in New Zealand for more than a year, then BOOM- it's back as soon as she sets foot on Cdn soil.

She's convinced it has to do with food additives. Sometihng for you to think about, maybe, considering your intended program of study?

Interesting. I eat mostly unprocessed stuff (lots of fruits and vegetables, and organic meats) but I do enjoy some "less healthy" foods as well. Definitely something I'll try to track and see if I can find a correlation between certain foods and eczema.

Interesting. I eat mostly unprocessed stuff (lots of fruits and vegetables, and organic meats) but I do enjoy some "less healthy" foods as well. Definitely something I'll try to track and see if I can find a correlation between certain foods and eczema.

She is not a scientist, but kind of thinks that way sometimes. She has an idea that it has to do possibly with milk hormones in Canada vs. NZ (we're both aware that there aren't that many hormones in cdn dairy, but I don't know what there actually is), or possibly variety of wheat.

She has a number of other allergies as well.

Try switching laundry detergent. If your diet is similar to that in Germany, it might be as simple as the different laundry detergent (and a chemical in the one you are currently using) that your body isn't happy with. Same thing if you using bounce-type dryer sheets or fabric softener.

Try switching laundry detergent. If your diet is similar to that in Germany, it might be as simple as the different laundry detergent (and a chemical in the one you are currently using) that your body isn't happy with. Same thing if you using bounce-type dryer sheets or fabric softener.

Yeah, I'm thinking it might be the laundry soap or the dryer sheets, even though I'm using ones made for people with sensitive skin/allergies.

Fortunately, the OTC meds are keeping the eczema in check for now.

Y

Fortunately, the OTC meds are keeping the eczema in check for now.

I feel for you, Caylynn.

I've been dealing with back pain for 3 months now, and I swear, I never until now had an appreciation for people dealing with chronic pain/other health issues.

I totally get it now. I'm going to be a way better doctor b/c of it too!

I'm so glad for the voltaren... I hope to get off it soon and not have to take daily meds again for a long, long time.

Your car must have wings

Yes it does.

WING.jpg

That's crazy! :eek: We aren't in Germany, where the cars and the roads are built for that kind of speed. It is really the roads that would keep me from going fast here in Canada - they just aren't built and maintained for speed. :(

Theres definitely a few roads in ON that can support high speeds. The 400 and 407 come to mind. Obviously they're not at the level of the autobahn but those germans like to over-engineer their roads to the 9th degree. :P

Archived