Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For my wireless network so thieves don't have access to it.

Ahh, you should have gotten a regular modem and just bought a cheap wireless router for like, $20 and set up a password yourself

I just bought a Rogers modem and I hope my set up goes smooth on Wednesday!

Anyone know any good Rogers internet offers for students in Ontario/Ottawa?

First week of med school over! I made it late to most of the lectures (including the small groups), slept for at least 5 mins through a lot of them, and have no idea wtf is going on in general. In a lot of ways this reminds me of high school more than undergrad. :)

I also realize I need to get my knee looked at....in the US. ON healthcare system took literally the whole summer to look at my knee and came up with nothing. And with the amount of walking I do in dt MTL its really pissing me off. :mad:

If you wait a bit and make some connections with the sports meds and orthopods in Mtl, you'll get VIP treatment (i.e. get to go to the front of the line). Just do some research for one of them ;)

Hey, in MTL, do you now have the Quebec health plan now? Or do you still use OHIP in Quebec?

If you wait a bit and make some connections with the sports meds and orthopods in Mtl, you'll get VIP treatment (i.e. get to go to the front of the line). Just do some research for one of them ;)

Hey, in MTL, do you now have the Quebec health plan now? Or do you still use OHIP in Quebec?

I think I have to get the QC equivalent of OHIP. Or I can listen to this guy's advice:

tumblr_l6taoq9gr01qakgigo1_500.jpg

EDIT: And I am joining meds intramural soccer. :)

I think I have to get the QC equivalent of OHIP. Or I can listen to this guy's advice:

tumblr_l6taoq9gr01qakgigo1_500.jpg

EDIT: And I am joining meds intramural soccer. :)

I believe you can still use OHIP though, unless you have a place of residence there (and then you have to go to their health office and apply for a card)

I just remembered that we often get OOP people in our clinic in Toronto, and they come from Manitoba, Quebec, Nova Scotia, etc... and they use their province's health plan

But if you are moving to QC it would probably be better to get their health plan.

And yes, if need be, perform self-surgery, LOL

Or has anyone read about those surgery robots where the doc is in a different location and they've been able to do kidney and I believe neurosurgery! Crazy stuff

Leon don't pay so much to rogers, just get a router and set up a password urself.

I assume ur familiar with the process but if not here it is:

-connect ur laptop (or desktop if u have one) via an ethernet cable to the router.

-type 192.168.0.1 (for most routers) in the address bar of ur IE for firefox

-u'll be prompted to a login page, for some routers u can just click login, some have both the user and pass "admin", i know d-link only needs user "admin" and u can leave pass blank.

-now under security or setup u can set a password, use WPA2 which more secure, but WEP is more compatible.

(I hope ur not offended by me explaining all the steps, i'm just really bored :D)

Leon don't pay so much to rogers, just get a router and set up a password urself.

I assume ur familiar with the process but if not here it is:

-connect ur laptop (or desktop if u have one) via an ethernet cable to the router.

-type 192.168.0.1 (for most routers) in the address bar of ur IE for firefox

-u'll be prompted to a login page, for some routers u can just click login, some have both the user and pass "admin", i know d-link only needs user "admin" and u can leave pass blank.

-now under security or setup u can set a password, use WPA2 which more secure, but WEP is more compatible.

(I hope ur not offended by me explaining all the steps, i'm just really bored :D)

Thanks! I tried that but the username/pass are not admin as they usually are and I don't have the router's manual with me.

It's sooooooo hot outside. WTF. :eek: I can't complain though.

Packed all of my stuff. Packed half of my other stuff. Went to see the new condo, which needs a bit of renovating. Now need to spend the next 4 hours cooking. I just want to move already. I have boxes all over my room....

Packed all of my stuff. Packed half of my other stuff. Went to see the new condo, which needs a bit of renovating. Now need to spend the next 4 hours cooking. I just want to move already. I have boxes all over my room....

Coincidentally, I am moving the bulk of my stuff to a new apartment in about 2 hrs! :)

I'll trade you... It's currently 9 degrees outside- with a high of 11 and a low of 6. WTF?! Where did summer go?! It's still August last time I checked:rolleyes:

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

We're having a heatwave here too. It's going to be between 27-30 this entire week. But I'll take it after the 2+ weeks of rain we had.

Coincidentally, I am moving the bulk of my stuff to a new apartment in about 2 hrs! :)

Well, I'm moving everything next week. But we also bought a new condo, which means we have to pack everything. Le sigh. I just want to survive September.

I'll trade you... It's currently 9 degrees outside- with a high of 11 and a low of 6. WTF?! Where did summer go?! It's still August last time I checked:rolleyes:

Brrrrrrrrrrrr

30 degrees. Feels more like 45. :/ Come back to Toronto? :D

We're having a heatwave here too. It's going to be between 27-30 this entire week. But I'll take it after the 2+ weeks of rain we had.

We didn't have much rain. Next week is supposed to be hot. Thank God I don't have to show up for work. Supervisor is on vacay!!!! lol.

30 degrees. Feels more like 45. :/ Come back to Toronto? :D

We didn't have much rain. Next week is supposed to be hot. Thank God I don't have to show up for work. Supervisor is on vacay!!!! lol.

:eek: I totally should come back! I caved and broke out the winter coat last night :( At the end of August?! *sigh* At least I got some nice summer temperatures while I was in TO last week!

Woke up to the smell of coffee. Have no idea what I'm going to do today or this week. Maybe I should pack some more stuff?! :confused:
Or you could just do nothing. It's what I was planning to do this week. However, I somehow got caught and now I'm helping friends move into their new appartment.

Archived