Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

My friend and I had our Degrassi marathon yesterday. There were 24 episodes (:eek: ) and that was just the first half of the season! Apparently there are another 20 episodes yet to come. So I spent about 9 hours watching some guy deliberate if he should tell people he's gay (most people knew/didn't care), a girl go crazy and get drunk at school, and a fight between a bully and some other guy that ended with a stabbing (not as dramatic as it sounds). The only interesting plotline was a transgender character, but that only lasted for 20 minutes. It kind of makes me wish I went to a school like that in high school. :rolleyes:

I'm glad you survived. The only way to replenish your brain cells is to watch tennis on TSN which is being shown from 1pm until app. 12am. :D

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks lovely Leon - enjoy! :P
Very cute Leon. I hope it rains ALL OVER IT and nowhere else.

Thanks!

Is it weird that the first thing I noticed was how nice the shrub fence was.

Bwahaha.

Well, the hedge was a monster when we got here. The previous owner was only interested in buying homes, waiting for prices to rise, and then selling- so he never did any upgrades. We're working on the bathroom this weekend (it's 50 years old with NO upgrades!)

Way to put a bush on your entrance. :D At least it's nicely trimmed.

*cough cough cough*

There's a reasonable gap (enough to squeeze through), though I'd like to trim it a bit more. :D

My little business just reached a major milestone today.

$500,000 gross sales for the business year so far, and nearly 2 full months to go.

We're still not making money, but the fact that we provide enough good service that people want to give us that much $ is humbling.

This is our 4th year of operation. :)

Congrats monkey :P

But when you say that your still not making $$........you each should, in theory, should be drawing a reasonable salary based upon the work you each do, i.e., if you were employees working for somebody else, doing the same thing where you are located, given market conditions, you would earn $x/mo.

Before we get to capital investment, this is the minimum you should earn! And if you are not, then you may need to increase your prices, indeed, you don't want customers who are paying you below cost.

Then, the business as such should have a profit.

So, yes, feel humbled and also review the finances :P as you, hubby and doggies need to eat, survie and thrive :)

Way to put a bush on your entrance. :D At least it's nicely trimmed.

Filthy, filthy, filthy.

Thanks!

Well, the hedge was a monster when we got here. The previous owner was only interested in buying homes, waiting for prices to rise, and then selling- so he never did any upgrades. We're working on the bathroom this weekend (it's 50 years old with NO upgrades!)

*cough cough cough*

There's a reasonable gap (enough to squeeze through), though I'd like to trim it a bit more. :D

Leon thinks his bush needs trimming so he can squeeze in easier?

I awarded "Post of the day" to someone else in another thread, but I think I should award it to you two.

I second.

*cough cough cough*

It's in fashion right now to trim the bush in the shape of a lightning bolt - makes for a clean entrance.

I awarded "Post of the day" to someone else in another thread, but I think I should award it to you two.

Thank you. :D

Filthy, filthy, filthy.

Wonder where I got it from? :P

The heat has broken! Welcome cold front. Now bring me more RAIN

Dude... you need to move to AB if you like the cold.... it was snowing (yes, I just used the "s" word :() in Morinville on Monday. It got to -50 last winter one day.... I'll switch you our cold for the heat in TO.....

I think it's a fair trade :D

Way to put a bush on your entrance. At least it's nicely trimmed.

*snicker*

Leon thinks his bush needs trimming so he can squeeze in easier?

*snicker* (Hmmmm.... apparently my mind is in the gutter today :P)

Hoping to buy a new laptop tomorrow- my 4 year old 60GB hard drive 256MB RAM is starting to die. Half the time my trackpad/mouse thinger doesn't work. The other half of the time it's slower than the Shaw internet snails on the commercials (for those of you who know what I'm talking about... lol), and the other half of the time I'm shifting my windows around so I can read it around the BP oil spill/massive spider that is taking over the screen (from when I accidently dropped something on it.... It was just one square that went black initially... now I only have a small corner where I can read shhhtufff from- it's infected almost the rest of the screen :S). My dad was trying to convince me to get the screen fixed, but when I told him that it would cost at least $450, I (very, very, very) slowly managed to convince him that fixing a computer with less disk space than my bro's iPod, just isn't worth it. Thinking either a decent Toshiba, or one of the cool Sonys (electric blue if they have... if not... pink:o)

PS... Nice house Leon! :)

Hoping to buy a new laptop tomorrow- my 4 year old 60GB hard drive 256MB RAM is starting to die.

PS... Nice house Leon! :)

Thank you! Both for the compliment and for the replacement. I don't know how you possibly managed to use a screen that had so many dead pixels. :s

I'm now trying to plot a jogging route on Google Maps. Hmmmmm

Moved to Waterloo today. The place looks soooooo good. The first time I visited it, I thought it was way too small (it was completely empty). Now that they have finally put in new furniture - it looks incredible!!!! Huge ass bed too!!! Wooo hooooo.... But I'm back in Toronto.... so yeah LOL... I also forgot my camera to take pics... shiat...

Edit: I think I sprained my back lifting one of the boxes VERY improperly. I lifted it from my back and not my knees. FML.

Thank you! Both for the compliment and for the replacement. I don't know how you possibly managed to use a screen that had so many dead pixels. :s

I'm now trying to plot a jogging route on Google Maps. Hmmmmm

Also http://gmap-pedometer.com/.

I just picked up some of those lulu "Ultimate Running Socks" so we'll see how they (or I?) hold up!

Also wtf London? Its practically snowing today. (*is jealous of runners who live on west coast*)

Loading all my stuff onto my new computer! :D Just finished loading Microsoft Office 2003 (yes, 2003- it may be old but a) it's free (of questionable authenticity;)) and B) I like 2003 better than the new stuff. But mainly cuz it's free:p)

It's so weird- the computer is so quiet and I can see the entire screen! Haha! I can't wait to really start using it!

Archived