Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm writing a cover letter to a job that I'm almost certainly going to get. Knowing that, it feels so redundant to sit here typing it up! I can't motivate myself enough to finish it.

ETA : Ok, spent over 2 hours on it but I just sent it. sigh

And I'm revamping my resume! Haven't started the cover letters yet. Oh the joy...

I'm writing a cover letter to a job that I'm almost certainly going to get. Knowing that, it feels so redundant to sit here typing it up! I can't motivate myself enough to finish it.

ETA : Ok, spent over 2 hours on it but I just sent it. sigh

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security and take for granted what has not happened.

Don't be lulled into a false sense of security and take for granted what has not happened.

Nah, it's not like that. Basically, I've already talked it over with the prof- he just wants me to submit a formal cover letter since it has to go through the department. What's annoying is that I have to make the letter formal, while I'm on very informal terms with the prof! So I had this semi awkward letter to write, lol.

So.... I'm in so much **** when it comes to rent right now, I can't even explain. What kind of an idiot decides to be dishonest?! Seriously. Everything is written on a paper and we both have the copies.

Also, got screwed over by York. I will never get my scholarship money. Until this day... I haven't seen a cent in my bank account. WTF. And I'm probably not going to see it. :(

Anyone use OneNote instead of Word for class notes?

I've used one note a few times, not for class notes but for other things. It is a pretty cool program as it allows you to have freedom in terms of how you build things up on the page and what you can actually put on the page. I'm not an expert at it, but the few times I have used it I really did like it. They (being microsoft people) say that it is good to use if you have a bunch of other people in class who have one note because everybody can contribute to the same document and it automatically saves it and uploads it.

I think if one were to get in a good routine with the program it would create some very effective class notes. The interesting thing is you can take notes and then put things in later that may be relevant to the notes you have created and organize the notes however you choose without too much hassle.

good luck with it!

So.... I'm in so much **** when it comes to rent right now, I can't even explain. What kind of an idiot decides to be dishonest?! Seriously. Everything is written on a paper and we both have the copies.

Also, got screwed over by York. I will never get my scholarship money. Until this day... I haven't seen a cent in my bank account. WTF. And I'm probably not going to see it. :(

If it's money that was promised to you (do you have an documentation?) I would fight for it. Is it the university that's directly funding it?

How horrible! Have you tried calling?

ZOMG wtf. This is retarded:

http://www.tomsguide.com/us/Preventable-Vancouver-BCAA-Speeding-Road-Safety,news-7974.html#BOM_comments

As a driver, pedestrians are probably the scariest things on the roads. Luckily, most of them know that running out in front of an oncoming car is probably not the brightest idea. Still, a Canadian organization is hoping to get West Vancouver drivers to slow down by using an optical illusion that makes it look as though a child has run out in front of the car.

The optical illusion speed bump is an image of a little girl chasing a stray ball. Though the image looks stretched out and silly up close, from about 100 feet away, the 2D image becomes three-dimensional and it looks like a real kid is standing in the middle of the road.

Archived