Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Arch rival = I'm talking about the prof *cough cough* lab report*

Haven't heard of "D." Maybe he's in the lab when I'm not.

Associate dean? Pretty good! That adds another line to his sig then.

Ohhh him! I totally hate that guy! So much paaainnnn. But in all honesty I would want to (but not really) thank him right now. I got my unit 1 exam tomorrow and 12.5% of it he taught me in his usual super-detailed-free-memory-recall style. I don't even need to review that part. :D

D just started masters in the summer. I know you've seen him! The greek guy man!

So I've been working for weeks on the Canskate Coach assignment I have to get done. It's not hard at all- just a crazy amount of writing/planning. I'm almost done (should be all done by early this afternoon), and as I'm flipping through the GIANT manual (3" binder overstuffed with paper (like it actually doesn't sit flat!)) and I read somewhere: "dub them a copy of the cassette onto another cassette so they have a copy of the music to take home and play on their walkman"....... You know the manual hasn't been updated in AWHILE when....:rolleyes:

Oh, the days of the walkman. lol.

It reminds me of when my grandparents came to visit 2 summers ago and my grandma wanted us to watch a home video of a vacation they took. So she pulls out the VHS tape and was shocked to hear that we don't have a VCR anymore.

Haha! I'm going to have to have a VHS player for a little while yet. All the movies from when I was younger are mostly on VHS... and considering we have almost the entire pre-Mulan Disney collection on VHS (because after Mulan, the Disney movies just aren't as good.... Pixar movies excluded). Considering they're Disney movies, it'll be a little while before I can replace ALL of them:p.... Unless of course there's some way of burning a DVD from the VHS tape (like there was making a VHS from a Beta tape).....

Lol... I just realized that if I ever have kids, I'm sure that they're going to make fun of the VHSs/cassette tapes/CDs like I made fun of my mom and dad with their 8-tracks and records (and the mini records... can't remember what they're called).

It's like looking back on the CGI/computer graphics from even 1999 (ie The Phantom Menace) vs LOTR or (I'm assuming) Avatar (I say "assuming" because I think I'm the only person in the world aside from the isolated communities in the Amazon rainforest that hasn't seen Avatar yet:o). It's crazy what not even 10 years can do:rolleyes:

Going over 3 undergrad courses sucks right now. I wish I had this night to completely dedicate to my CIHR application. Instead, I have to go through notes. I need a beer.

Do that if you're marking lab assignments or something. Then spill some beer on their papers, and when they get it back, and look over it, they'll be like... WHAT? BEER?:D

So I was walking down the street minding my own business........AND AN EFFING SQUIRREL FALLS ON MY HEAD!

LOL. My closest animal encounter was a crow snatching a biscuit from my hand as I was about to eat it. The biscuit was literally about 1cm from my mouth when it attacked.

Do that if you're marking lab assignments or something. Then spill some beer on their papers, and when they get it back, and look over it, they'll be like... WHAT? BEER?:D

Hahaha. I've never had that happen to me but I've heard from some TAs they had it happen. lol. I also had a TA who once got carried away and ripped my graph paper with a huge check mark. He wrote under "Whoops... Sorry. Got carried away". LOL.

LOL. My closest animal encounter was a crow snatching a biscuit from my hand as I was about to eat it. The biscuit was literally about 1cm from my mouth when it attacked.

I bet you never had a monkey grab your hair and pull half of it. :D

So barely woke up. It's been 2 days of nonsense studying, reading, filling up grants/scholarships, fighting for OSAP (which I ended up getting - yay for my new supervisor!!!), promoting tennis team, going over my effing anatomy because i forgot some of the small muscles and I'm an athletic therapist for the tennis team, having an encounter with an ex (no, I didn't say hi), having an encounter with a guy who broke my best friend's heart, and then to top it all of, being a loser and not saying that I'm happy and proud of someone's decision to go further into research (I was in shock and didn't know how to react). I also managed to get lost going to Waterloo at 2 am in the morning. Came home at 2:30am. Then I couldn't sleep anymore so I just stayed all night finishing applications (which are NOT done)... I don't see my life getting any better in the next month or so. :/

Haha! I'm going to have to have a VHS player for a little while yet. All the movies from when I was younger are mostly on VHS... and considering we have almost the entire pre-Mulan Disney collection on VHS (because after Mulan, the Disney movies just aren't as good.... Pixar movies excluded). Considering they're Disney movies, it'll be a little while before I can replace ALL of them.... Unless of course there's some way of burning a DVD from the VHS tape (like there was making a VHS from a Beta tape).....
I have my Disney tapes at my parent's house and my mom keeps asking if they can give them away! That's crazy talk because otherwise, my kids are going to have to watch whatever Disney's putting out these days.

I actually just looked it up. It's "Tinker Bell and the Great Fairy Rescue" :|

I bet you never had a monkey grab your hair and pull half of it.
I bet you never had a giraffe lick your hair so that half your hair is falling normally and the other half is sticking straight up with giraffe saliva. :(:P:mad::eek: (I'm not sure which of these faces accurately describes my emotions at the time)

I bet you never had a monkey grab your hair and pull half of it.

I bet you never had a giraffe lick your hair so that half your hair is falling normally and the other half is sticking straight up with giraffe saliva. :(:P:mad: (I'm not sure which of these faces accurately describes my emotions at the time)

O.o

I'm just waiting for the next one now. :D

O.o

I'm just waiting for the next one now. :D

All right: bet y'all never had a big mofo cockroach climb up your leg in the shower so that you run out of the complex screeching & naked into a pile of Muslim diplomats who DID NOT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH. Of all the places we stayed at...a cockroach had to attack me THERE.

Top that one.

Archived