Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Hahaha. I've never had that happen to me but I've heard from some TAs they had it happen. lol. I also had a TA who once got carried away and ripped my graph paper with a huge check mark. He wrote under "Whoops... Sorry. Got carried away". LOL.

I bet you never had a monkey grab your hair and pull half of it. :D

So barely woke up. It's been 2 days of nonsense studying, reading, filling up grants/scholarships, fighting for OSAP (which I ended up getting - yay for my new supervisor!!!), promoting tennis team, going over my effing anatomy because i forgot some of the small muscles and I'm an athletic therapist for the tennis team, having an encounter with an ex (no, I didn't say hi), having an encounter with a guy who broke my best friend's heart, and then to top it all of, being a loser and not saying that I'm happy and proud of someone's decision to go further into research (I was in shock and didn't know how to react). I also managed to get lost going to Waterloo at 2 am in the morning. Came home at 2:30am. Then I couldn't sleep anymore so I just stayed all night finishing applications (which are NOT done)... I don't see my life getting any better in the next month or so. :/

Leapy, where do you find such intense focus to stay up all night getting shyte done?? I need it in my life.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Leapy, where do you find such intense focus to stay up all night getting shyte done?? I need it in my life.

I have no idea. Sometimes I ask myself the same thing. However, I did notice that if I'm awake until 2am, I will become WIDE awake and won't be able to fall asleep for the rest of the night. Also, I discovered that math and writing at night is the best thing ever and I get stuff done really fast (if I try this in the morning - ULTIMATE fail). So, I don't know. You've got to find a time of day that works for you. That time is the time you're most productive. I didn't stay up all night before but as I got older I became more aware that nights are calm, quiet and exceptional for getting shyte done. That... and being pissed off. lol.

Lol me too.

Like leap, I manage to stay away till about 7am once I pass the midnight mark. BUT, the next day is usually completely ****ed up.

Currently analyzing a paper. I'm supposed to be responsible for only the last 1/3 of the results but I need to understand everything before that anyway so I get the most work, lol. And the reason's the unfortunate position of my second name in the alphabet.

nice, it's cold and probably going to rain. What a perfect weekend in Kananaskis this is going to be. Trainee retreat, woohoo!

It's just calling for rain down there? Lucky. Snow is in the forcast for Monday... although I wouldn't be surprised if it happened sooner- it's really freakin' cold outside....

You've probably already left... otherwise I would have recommended winter clothing if you're doing a retreat at this time of year. It gets really cold in the mountains in the second week of August, never mind September....

Hope you're enjoying it! The Rockies are amazing:)

Just watch out for bears. Kananaskis country is notorious for lots of bear sightings...

Guilt free weekends are awesome! Friday unit test = nothing at all school related for the weekend until we start the new unit on monday. On tuesday, I shall start cutting people (respectfully of course). :D

What is a Kananaskis? :confused:

And mike. Today is the day. I shall finally check over your CV!

You guys already had your first test???? That's so fast. What was it on and was hard? is a 70% pass or 60% pass at Mcgill?

Guilt free weekends are awesome! Friday unit test = nothing at all school related for the weekend until we start the new unit on monday. On tuesday, I shall start cutting people (respectfully of course). :D

It's a place. Lol.

Kananaskis is an area (town too) in the Rockies down between Calgary and Canmore (but closer to Canmore). That area is really nice (imo generally nicer than Banff) but I think Jasper/Maligne Lake is even more breathtaking.

All right: bet y'all never had a big mofo cockroach climb up your leg in the shower so that you run out of the complex screeching & naked into a pile of Muslim diplomats who DID NOT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH. Of all the places we stayed at...a cockroach had to attack me THERE.

Top that one.

*Hands you the award*

cnb,

Is it wrong that I have the hots for your avatar?

Well, so did Yakko and Wakko, so I think you're in good company.

I'm featured on the UTSC site! Except they caught me in a weird pose which they seem to think "exhibits strong interest in the procedures" :rolleyes:

All right: bet y'all never had a big mofo cockroach climb up your leg in the shower so that you run out of the complex screeching & naked into a pile of Muslim diplomats who DID NOT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH. Of all the places we stayed at...a cockroach had to attack me THERE.

Top that one.

That sounds like a scene from The Proposal LOL

cnb,

Of course not! Who doesn't?

endMS Network retreat was great. People from MS labs in BC, AB, and SK. Met a lot of cool folk and got absolutely obliterated. Highlights:

-public hot tub in my underwear

-met some guys at the bar who liked Newfoundland

-90 dollars spent (somehow)

-got lost trying to find my room once the bar closed

-a new addition to the top 5 worst hangovers of my life

just got in. after throwing my guts up, I'm exhausted.

ANNNNNNNNNNND I have class at 8:30 tomorrow :(:(:(

Apartment finally in order! This place is so damn pimp. I love it. :D

Pics shall be distributed individually. Since there are uber-creepers patrolling this thread regularly. (Simon, I'm looking at you)

cnb,

She's merely reflecting what she looks like in a nurse's outfit IRL. ;)

Apartment finally in order! This place is so damn pimp. I love it. :D

Pics shall be distributed individually. Since there are uber-creepers patrolling this thread regularly. (Simon, I'm looking at you)

She's merely reflecting what she looks like in a nurse's outfit IRL. ;)

you know I wanna see 'em.

I can't wait for the first years to start dropping out and not showing for classes. devil-animated-animation-devil-smiley-emoticon-000386-medium.gif The buses are WAY too full. I've had 3 buses pass me by without stopping in 2 days.

hahaha! you finally called him out on PM101. LOL.

One of Dee's Mcgill friends, I assume. But why on earth would anyone creep about in THIS thread? (not you, talking about the other guy Dee mentioned lol)

:eek: I'm offended that you think I did something to her. lol

I was just minding my own business and her arms were flailing everywhere. I don't know what she was doing.

Ah well, fair enough. I tend to jump to conclusions. :D

Archived