Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

That is good to know.

So, the lawyer informs them of their respective rights and obligations, then they hammer out an Agreement that he reviews to ensure there are no gorss errors and that it complies with the law and they proceed to have the Agreement made an Order of the Court, I assume.

Unless we write something stupid like "Andrew can have all the money and the kids" then the agreement can be passed onto court and we wouldn't even have to see a judge. It's really not that complicated as far as some proceedings go.

I just applied for a student job and they gave me two positions. Oi.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horror cases abound. You need clear, concise asnd accurate adivce - a road map - covering all pointe before you even begin. The alternative is for an experienced and subsidized mediator, aware of all these items, to walk you both through it together - in this case, absolutely nothing will be missed b/c it is more than one session and he knows what he is doing, knows the pitfalls, etc.

I am aware of a case, where the divorce was to be all friendly, but when the time came for signing the husband suddenly insisted upon a lousy $6,000 more in his favour. The wife who wanted rid of him agreed only to see the last of him. So, last minute games have been known to occur and he then raided the college fund he controlled for the children (left by his father) for his own personal use. Divorce has the habit of showing the best and the worst of people.

Are you choosing positions or taking both? Also, these postions are temporary and the temporary income shouold not be reflected in your overal financial supp[ort settlement for you and the kids. Here is where a continuing mediation might be best, only b/c you will have plenty of opportunity to raise items as they occur to you.

you are genuinely the most annoying person ever.

Horror cases abound. You need clear, concise asnd accurate adivce - a road map - covering all pointe before you even begin. The alternative is for an experienced and subsidized mediator, aware of all these items, to walk you both through it together - in this case, absolutely nothing will be missed b/c it is more than one session and he knows what he is doing, knows the pitfalls, etc.

I am aware of a case, where the divorce was to be all friendly, but when the time came for signing the husband suddenly insisted upon a lousy $6,000 more in his favour. The wife who wanted rid of him agreed only to see the last of him. So, last minute games have been known to occur and he then raided the college fund he controlled for the children (left by his father) for his own personal use. Divorce has the habit of showing the best and the worst of people.

Are you choosing positions or taking both? Also, these postions are temporary and the temporary income shouold not be reflected in your overal financial supp[ort settlement for you and the kids. Here is where a continuing mediation might be best, only b/c you will have plenty of opportunity to raise items as they occur to you.

You're looking for complications where there are none. Our assets are straight forward and clear. His salary until the divorce is both of ours and so is mine. Ridiculous to consider otherwise b/c we both wish the other to be financially stable to care for the kids: joint custody.

I will take both positions. I get to supervise and facilitate university education students trying to teach. Lol.

Good on you C for taking the bull by the horns and doing both jobs! Not only will it bring some $$ in, it will provide some much needed distraction.

Again, I think of you and kiddies and how you're doing! I miss seeing you on msn!

F_d...I know you mean well but your advice in Cnussey's situation has been completely unsolicited. There are times to speak up and sometimes it is more appropriate to keep thoughts to oneself. I know you are more than capable of recognizing both of those times. :)

You're looking for complications where there are none. Our assets are straight forward and clear. His salary until the divorce is both of ours and so is mine. Ridiculous to consider otherwise b/c we both wish the other to be financially stable to care for the kids: joint custody.

I will take both positions. I get to supervise and facilitate university education students trying to teach. Lol.

So I am knee deep in 'undergradding' as I like to call it...pretending to be in my early 20s when really I'm not. I had to share in a class today something people wouldn't guess about me, and the first thing to pop into my head was 'I am working on my third degree'...the other five people's jaws dropped to the floor. Yes, I am insane :D

I am just loving my program and my profs and my degree so far. The school itself is OK, very different than my first go at undergrad. I hope everyone else is enjoying their course selections this term and surviving. I am still working on the class vs. med app balance ;) One (omsas) down, two to go!

Have a great day all,

LL

So I am knee deep in 'undergradding' as I like to call it...pretending to be in my early 20s when really I'm not. I had to share in a class today something people wouldn't guess about me, and the first thing to pop into my head was 'I am working on my third degree'...the other five people's jaws dropped to the floor. Yes, I am insane :D

I am just loving my program and my profs and my degree so far. The school itself is OK, very different than my first go at undergrad. I hope everyone else is enjoying their course selections this term and surviving. I am still working on the class vs. med app balance ;) One (omsas) down, two to go!

Have a great day all,

LL

I wuv you. And I'm in the same boat: 2nd degree...10yrs out of high school...had a career...two kids....my classmate says other people call me "that girl that looks like a kid, but has done a lot of ****"

wtf--we're colouring maps for homework using pencil crayons and my classmates think it's hard?!

I wuv you. And I'm in the same boat: 2nd degree...10yrs out of high school...had a career...two kids....my classmate says other people call me "that girl that looks like a kid, but has done a lot of ****"

wtf--we're colouring maps for homework using pencil crayons and my classmates think it's hard?!

Haha- same here.

I remember when I was heading over to vancouver for my high school reunion, and my classmates were like "you have a 5-ry reunion?" I had to tell them it was a 10-yr reunion. :P

I think my looks have aged a LOT since I started school about 4 yrs ago, though. I'm not sure which age I can pass for anymore.

I'm amazed how people don't research medical school application processes. I know someone who applied this year with a bad MCAT and is going to rewrite the MCAT in october and release her news scores.

THERE ARE NO DATES IN OCTOBER!!! After Sept 11, next date is in January!

And I met another person today who is applying "just for fun" and "knows she will get rejected anyway." :confused:

I'm amazed how people don't research medical school application processes. I know someone who applied this year with a bad MCAT and is going to rewrite the MCAT in october and release her news scores.

THERE ARE NO DATES IN OCTOBER!!! After Sept 11, next date is in January!

And I met another person today who is applying "just for fun" and "knows she will get rejected anyway." :confused:

Hey- Leon- I'm applying just for fun to McMaster- I know I will get rejected but I think the CASPer will be invaluable MMI practice.

Also, I'll be good to go for next yr's app should it be required. :D

Hey- Leon- I'm applying just for fun to McMaster- I know I will get rejected but I think the CASPer will be invaluable MMI practice.

Also, I'll be good to go for next yr's app should it be required. :D

Those are the people who surprise you, they end up getting in with mad scholarship money, lol

lol yea, applying for experience is great- I was planning to do so myself. But the person I'm talking about is going to graduate in one yr, has no idea what she's gonna do and is applying for fun. (ie. she has no plans for life after uni atm) While it's none of my business, it makes me wonder how many of those 5000 applicants are really trying to get in. That was the point I was initially trying to make, lol

In fact, in your case applying for practice and then for real next year shows even more dedication!

lol yea, applying for experience is great- I was planning to do so myself. But the person I'm talking about is going to graduate in one yr, has no idea what she's gonna do and is applying for fun. (ie. she has no plans for life after uni atm) While it's none of my business, it makes me wonder how many of those 5000 applicants are really trying to get in. That was the point I was initially trying to make, lol

In fact, in your case applying for practice and then for real next year shows even more dedication!

Thanks. :D

I'll get in eventually. it's tough out there for the non-trads.

Hopefully the interview process "catches" them, but if not, maybe they'll be good anyways.

Thanks. :D

I'll get in eventually. it's tough out there for the non-trads.

Hopefully the interview process "catches" them, but if not, maybe they'll be good anyways.

Nah, not my concern really. She's got a nice personality and a wayyyy better attitude than many pre meds I've seen. The only point I was really trying to make was the lack of research.

It's funny because I didn't know at first. She was typing something on her computer and said "Damn, I have to get this essay down to 1000 words"

Me: "What course is it for?"

Her : "It's not for a course."

Me: *thinks : October coming soon* : "Is it for OMSAS?"

Her: "hahaha yes!"

Nah, not my concern really. She's got a nice personality and a wayyyy better attitude than many pre meds I've seen. The only point I was really trying to make was the lack of research.

It's funny because I didn't know at first. She was typing something on her computer and said "Damn, I have to get this essay down to 1000 words"

Me: "What course is it for?"

Her : "It's not for a course."

Me: *thinks : October coming soon* : "Is it for OMSAS?"

Her: "hahaha yes!"

It's good that she's a good candidate. I know tons of people who would be great but aren't trying for whatever reason- one in particualr. She's done a bioc/microbi degree with kick-ass marks and now she's talking about hairdressing school. Really!:)

I know someone who, last cycle, applied strictly for the experience of the process in the knowledge that he didn't have a chance. He felt if her got an interview, this would be even better experience.

He got the interview and got in! And today, he is a happy first year med student. :P He was entirely relaxed with the process in the knowledge that he did not have a prayer. This attiitude proved most helpeful!

Maybe this person is not telling you everything. There are people who just don't like to put all their cards on the table and prefer to seem less serious than they actually are.

Just finished the OMSAS sketch part. I think I am going to have a love affair with the ampersand- it alone saved me SEVERAL characters in a severly character restricted space :D

Now for the Mac ABS questions, then submit:D

I really need to learn not to procrastinate so bad.........

Calgary will be different. Goal: submit a week in advance. Probable reality: submit 24 hours in advance, if I'm lucky:p

701 damn characters in a 700 character spot. F%!!!!

Re-tooling here I come....

EDIT: You know you're doing something wrong when you re-edit and you end up with 702 :rolleyes:

EDIT 2: 699... F-yeah! :D

EDIT 3: DAMMIT.... forgot to leave enough room to put my damn stupid verifier number down :mad:

EDIT 4: Got it! :)

Given what time it is (here in Edmonton) and the fact I'm still up finishing OMSAS, I think this song is fitting:p:

Seems like each Mac ABS question takes me half an hour or so. So theoretically I should be done by 4. I hope.....

I also just realized I literally have 4 verifiers for 40 activities. Although 6 or so are formal education (so it doesn't need one). I would say 80% are verified by one person (my skating coach)... Lol... looking at my sketch, my life looks really one sided... I guess the old skating addage is true: Skating is life. The rest are just details;)

Archived