Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In my experience, the bio courses at UW are super easy. We're talking walking out of the exam with a 90+ after skipping class and reading the notes once the day before.

On the other hand, the physics, math, and CS courses will ass-rape you.

I'm sorta in physics.... lol :P

In other news: Rob Ford wins for mayor of Toronto. Pfffft

I'm sorta in physics.... lol :P

In other news: Rob Ford wins for mayor of Toronto. Pfffft

I've met the guy. Grade A moron. Almost hit me with his car this summer. He was turning out of a street and I was jogging across the road. Idiot went past the stop sign before he hit the breaks. There's a difference between fiscal responsibility and not spending any money. This is not going to turn out well.

Anyways, what kind of physics was your paper on?

I've met the guy. Grade A moron. Allegedly likes to drive drunk (heard that from someone whose known him for years). There's a difference between fiscal responsibility and not spending any money. Total... infrastructure... collapse.

EPIC FAIL for Toronto. I bet you the education level of Toronto has dropped significantly over the years...... it's the uneducated that would vote for this moron.

Edit: I did COP and COM analysis for a healthy individual versus someone who is not. TON of calculations...

I've met the guy. Grade A moron. Almost hit me with his car this summer. He was turning out of a street and I was jogging across the road. Idiot went past the stop sign before he hit the breaks. Allegedly likes to drive drunk (heard that from someone whose known him for years). There's a difference between fiscal responsibility and not spending any money. This is not going to turn out well.

Anyways, what kind of physics was your paper on?

Exactly! The public sector will end up suffering with a lot of services in upcoming years

Exactly! The public sector will end up suffering with a lot of services in upcoming years

I'm a fan of fiscal responsibility and cutting government waste. Rob Ford is not the guy to do it. He has no knowledge or understanding of running a large stream-lined business (which I think is the way government should be run; having worked bother public and private sector, I can tell you that a dollar goes WAY further in the private sector).

His brother Doug runs the family company (which I have to remind people was inherited; all they have to do is not run it into the ground).

Personally, I think Paul Martin (people forget the work he did with the Liberals in the 90s as finance minister; eliminated the deficit and all that) or John Tory (business experience) would have been much better suited. Even those might not be the right guys; I've read a lot of economic theory that seems to indicate that cutting government spending during a recession is a very bad idea (the idea is you want to cut everything after the economy stabilizes, which it will do quicker with public spending, and you'll end up saving more money in the long run; Britain might be in for a nasty surprise).

Anyways, my main beef with the public sector is the employees it attracts (I speak from experience). On a whole, they're much lazier and less inclined to work hard (thanks unions!). That's why you get less bang for the buck. You're not getting the top talent private companies grab.

Archived