Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

So.... I just realized I'm out of food. I have canned food, some sour cream, pasta and a whole ton of different spices. So, I decided to mix my tuna with sour cream and white pepper and cook some pasta and then mix it all. Turns out.... not a bad combination. lol :D

I made the worlds most disgusting salad. Can't even eat it.

I had these olllld salad greens which were close to rotting in my fridge. Used those, added mandarin oranges, some soy protein, and raspberry vinaigrette, and it turned out to be a pretty bad combo.

NTS: do some grocery shopping.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you want my advice, choose something else. I did it and got a good body but soon realized that I could get the same results with less time (as in workout session) and just alternating my HIIT and kettle ball training every other day.

But if you have the time and don't want to invest in kettleballs and already have th p90x dvds, dont' follow my advice.

I'm doing it because, although I love weight lifting and HIIT, it's getting crazy trying to keep a regular workout schedule with lab work. It's frustrating me so much, I get things going well and then lab stuff picks up and I have no time and miss some gym days (I commute >3 hours/day). So, I saw p90x and you can do it all at home and I have a lot of motivation to carry through with it, and have the videos and everything... it's 90 days, seems like it'll be fun. Everyone who's used it really likes it, what did you find were the best strengths of the program?

Law and ssd, if you guys have any time at all for a good watch, I'd suggest Dr. Stu McGill's "The Ultimate Back: Enhancing Performance"

And if you don't know who the guy is, then this way you can learn more about him. I'd also search some of the more recently published peer-reviewed journals co-authored or written by him. The guy is amazing and hits the nail on its head.

That hair is gross.

I want to ask opinions on the following statement and I was thinking of making a poll here. I am just not sure, however, that it will not turn into some sort of terrible thread I would rather have not started. Here's the question:

Do you agree/disagree with the following:

"there is a broad range of normal sexual behavior and that homosexuality falls within this range"

Is this a really, really bad idea, or what?

I'm genuinely interested in what poll results would show on this website, but I am hesitating for obvious reasons.

[

This is what I deal with every day. FML. Introducing: My roommate's hair in the shower. TAAAADAAAAAA

Can someone explain to me how the f$#% is this possible?!

I first thought you were trying to show some sort of creepy writing on the wall.............

*makes mental note to check showers of potential spouses prior to marriage*

@law: you will never make it 90 days. :P

@leap: yea my sis does that all the time too. Any hair that comes loose they just stick on the shower wall. :rolleyes:

@kyla: not even going there...

@leon: your life sucks and you should reconsider dedicating 98% of your day to getting into med school. IMO 80% is more than enough. (its unrelated to your post but I've been trying to hint at it for a year and was never sure you got the message)

@leon: your life sucks and you should reconsider dedicating 98% of your day to getting into med school. IMO 80% is more than enough. (its unrelated to your post but I've been trying to hint at it for a year and was never sure you got the message)

I don't have first year (ie. I'm "missing" 10 course grades on my transcript) so every B+ or less I get has a much greater effect on my cGPA than for everyone else. Having 10 more courses buffers you much more if you get one bad grade. And because I started directly in second yr, I have less time to build up a resume in time for OMSAS (coupled with me being new to the country itself last yr) and the combination forces me to work harder than most to achieve equal standing. Effectively, I'm going to look like a 3rd yr applicant when I'm applying in 4th yr.

Also, you have a habit of calling me at exactly the times that I'm at my lowest so my life doesn't suck *quite* as much as it seems. :P

I don't have first year (ie. I'm "missing" 10 course grades on my transcript) so every B+ or less I get has a much greater effect on my cGPA than for everyone else. Having 10 more courses buffers you much more if you get one bad grade. And because I started directly in second yr, I have less time to build up a resume in time for OMSAS (coupled with me being new to the country itself last yr) and the combination forces me to work harder than most to achieve equal standing. Effectively, I'm going to look like a 3rd yr applicant when I'm applying in 4th yr.

Also, you have a habit of calling me at exactly the times that I'm at my lowest so my life doesn't suck *quite* as much as it seems. :P

If you had 1st year, I would've said you need to do 60% of what you're doing. Since you're starting from 2nd year, I said 80%. Regardless, you still do WAAAYYYY too much work :P. Publish some papers and you will have a good app for any school already.

@leap: yea my sis does that all the time too. Any hair that comes loose they just stick on the shower wall. :rolleyes:

Your sister is disgusting. Like how do they not pay attention to this and wash it off?!?!?!?!!?!?!?! :mad:

If you are a guy, shower with her.

If you are a girl, shower with her and take pictures.

I don't see the correlation between your post and my post. This girl is a f%$#%^#% disgusting pig (for lack of better words). She's also obese and based on that picture, it can be concluded that she does not wash upper part of her body (to wash upper part of your body properly, you need to tie your hair, especially if it's long). I'm just waiting for her to get home and once she does, I will UNLEASH. :mad: I had enough of this b%$^^#@$#$#^ already. I have also decided to MOVE OUT Dec 1. And right now, I'm going to arrange this happens with or without her consent.

Ok. I feel much better now. But she will still get her half once she is home.

I LOLed.

But... can we assume 100% that the hair belongs to a girl?

YES. I take a shower in the evening and my hair is blond. My 2nd roommate decided to take a shower at 6pm and saw that and freaked out, ran into my room to come see what she's seen. Those hairs are BLACK, and she was taking a shower in the morning (or not taking one... taking a shower of lower half of body).

Ugh... FILTHY, FILTHY, FILTHY CREATURE... If this was a guy, I'd get it. BUT COME ON!!!! You're A GIRL. You SHOULD be clean.

If you had 1st year, I would've said you need to do 60% of what you're doing. Since you're starting from 2nd year, I said 80%. Regardless, you still do WAAAYYYY too much work :P. Publish some papers and you will have a good app for any school already.

"Publish some papers" LOL easily said!

If this was a guy, I'd get it. BUT COME ON!!!! You're A GIRL. You SHOULD be clean.

I feel insulted. ;)

Btw wanna meet up during the winter break?

LMAO- the way you just dropped that while she's on a roll hahaha.

Now now, lets not be sexist. :P

Btw wanna meet up during the winter break?

Sure. Just let me know when you're available and I'll be there. :)

Hey leap, also, if it makes you feel better, I once moved out on very short notice too. Like, 6 hrs, and I was gone.

I'm pretty easygoing, so it was pretty bad what was going on. Like, way worse than hair in the shower.

Good luck finding a place.

I have a place. And the landlord of that place let me know that if the worst comes to worst I can move in early to her place. But my mom just told me that I have to do that the latest November 30th at night.

I feel insulted. ;)

You know what I mean. :P

That hair is gross.

I want to ask opinions on the following statement and I was thinking of making a poll here. I am just not sure, however, that it will not turn into some sort of terrible thread I would rather have not started. Here's the question:

Do you agree/disagree with the following:

"there is a broad range of normal sexual behavior and that homosexuality falls within this range"

Is this a really, really bad idea, or what?

I'm genuinely interested in what poll results would show on this website, but I am hesitating for obvious reasons.

disagree.

disclaimer: I have nothing against homosexuality and am good friends with a number of homosexuals. I'm also not religious.

My answer pertains to the word "normal", and emphasizes a very evolutionary perspective. Sexual behaviour exists to further the species by making it enjoyable/worthwhile. By that logic, the only "normal" sexual behaviour in my eyes would be vaginal intercourse.

However, I don't think any other forms of sexual behavior (including homosexuality) are wrong.

Archived