Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

So I was talking to the Persian girl on MSN. Gave her a couple of pointers of what my program was like.

She goes "haha thanks bud =]"

Bud?

Bud?

BUD?????

HZ69j.png

She probably just wanted to sound cool... I've found that girls who throw out things like Aww thanks sweetie! Or cutie or sexy or love or whatever other random pet name do it for one reason- they like the attention it gets them. It has almost nothing to do with how they feel about you.

I'd take it as a positive that she's not a reckless flirt with you... However, if this continues you may have passed into the formerly mentioned friends zone... In which case you need to either accept your fate and help her fold her linens on Friday nights or you need to take action and see if you can break free of the friends zone.

Good luck mith... God speed.

Or she thought that was your name...

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
She probably just wanted to sound cool... I've found that girls who throw out things like Aww thanks sweetie! Or cutie or sexy or love or whatever other random pet name do it for one reason- they like the attention it gets them. It has almost nothing to do with how they feel about you.

I'd take it as a positive that she's not a reckless flirt with you... However, if this continues you may have passed into the formerly mentioned friends zone... In which case you need to either accept your fate and help her fold her linens on Friday nights or you need to take action and see if you can break free of the friends zone.

Good luck mith... God speed.

Or she thought that was your name...

Nope. Most of the girls I know use those names in a condescending matter--they are pleased and want to show the affection, but are not flirting.

And then there's where I'm from...you're probably gonna get "Hey ma lover, what's up?" regardless of your gender.

No worries, Cnussey, we'll be sure to meet up the next time I'm up north!! (heck I'll hopefully see you at NOSM interview weekend first:) *crosses fingers*)

Anxiety overwhelmed me during the holidays...I stayed clear of here rather than spilling all kinds of sappy messages. In fact, I missed a date with stg (the original) on here...didn't check this page :(

Next court date: Feb 3rd.

My parents bought me a car, which makes my life easier....my landlord is apparently getting ready to evict me (for no reason) considering he has an ad (just put up on Friday!) listing my apartment for a cheaper price than I'm paying for it....

hmmm, what else....got a rabbit....my son is in French daycare (and my French is very poor)....

I think that sums up a lot of the things that has happened recently.

Maybe he is following you...:eek:

I wouldn't classify it as following but "taking interest". I think he's interested in my life. I take it as a compliment.

Come to think of it, I'm 100% absolutely sure he.... well... you know... lol.

Anyway, I went to play some tennis last night and turns out his name was mentioned. And I asked how does this person know him and he said that apparently all of his friends that are girls have a huge crush on this guy... they're all in 3rd year and he said that about 3/4 of girls within the department think that he is hot. :rolleyes: NO WONDER he's so arrogant.

I also got drunk off of 1 beer. Ultimate fail.

Hi people.
Hi! (I need an ehugs smiley for this post).

So I was talking to the Persian girl on MSN. After I got to know her a lot better, I gave her a couple of pointers of what my program was like.

Bud?

Bud?

BUD?????

That's ok. Trust me, all is not lost.

I wouldn't classify it as following but "taking interest". I think he's interested in my life. I take it as a compliment.

Come to think of it, I'm 100% absolutely sure he.... well... you know... lol.

Anyway, I went to play some tennis last night and turns out his name was mentioned. And I asked how does this person know him and he said that apparently all of his friends that are girls have a huge crush on this guy... they're all in 3rd year and he said that about 3/4 of girls within the department think that he is hot. :rolleyes: NO WONDER he's so arrogant.

I also got drunk off of 1 beer. Ultimate fail.

Aw, this whole post is lol. As long as the beer wasn't a PBL.

So I was talking to the Persian girl on MSN. After I got to know her a lot better, I gave her a couple of pointers of what my program was like.

Bud?

Bud?

BUD?????

HZ69j.png

lol; "bud" is an odd one.

But I mean, you don't know her very long... so... she may not have a more endearing nickname for you yet :)

Aw, this whole post is lol. As long as the beer wasn't a PBL.

I'm experimenting on him. I'll keep you posted.

Collection day tomorrow and bra time. Yes, I will be walking around the lab in my bra. Bahahahaha. That's why I'm curling my hair right now - to distract people. lol

Bud?

Bud?

BUD?????

HZ69j.png

Yeah, OK, so I'm on this other forum, and there's this girl, and she's like:

"I met this really great hot guy, and I was chatting with hiam and then at the end of the conversation I said 'thanks bud'. WTF? Why did I call him that? I feel like such a dork now."

OK, not really, but this could be the case. Don't lose hope. :)

The first thing I noticed was that Mario was moving so fast. And then I thought "Oh, the sound effects are like music." lol.

And then watching that video lead me to watching this video and having Saturday morning cartoon nostalgia.

had to make an emergency appointment at the vet this afternoon for my cat. usually he's loud and obnoxious, wakes me up at 7 AM to feed him even if his dish is full, all you had to do is look at him and he'd start purring, he would purr so hard he'd choke himself... lately he doesn't take interest in anything, hardly purrs when i pet him/hold him, he felt very light and weak (he'd just flop on my shoulder when i picked him up). i put him in front of his food but all he did was take a couple sips of water and go hide in my room again.

he's 14 so he's getting up there. the vet wants to keep him overnight on IV fluids and she's going to run a full blood panel and call me in the morning. she said he's definitely dehydrated and has lost quite a bit of weight (used to be a monster, now he's 12 pounds), and there's some hardening in his intestines but everything else felt normal.

fingers crossed.. blahhhhh not what i was expecting to do today

had to make an emergency appointment at the vet this afternoon for my cat. usually he's loud and obnoxious, wakes me up at 7 AM to feed him even if his dish is full, all you had to do is look at him and he'd start purring, he would purr so hard he'd choke himself... lately he doesn't take interest in anything, hardly purrs when i pet him/hold him, he felt very light and weak (he'd just flop on my shoulder when i picked him up). i put him in front of his food but all he did was take a couple sips of water and go hide in my room again.

he's 14 so he's getting up there. the vet wants to keep him overnight on IV fluids and she's going to run a full blood panel and call me in the morning. she said he's definitely dehydrated and has lost quite a bit of weight (used to be a monster, now he's 12 pounds), and there's some hardening in his intestines but everything else felt normal.

fingers crossed.. blahhhhh not what i was expecting to do today

:(

Hope it all turns out all right.

thanks, me too. the vet called and said his white blood cell count is very high (normal is 2.5-14, his is 27) and his protein is on the low end of normal.. other than that everything seems to be functioning fine. they're going to do an xray today too. hopefully it's just an infection.. poor guy

Archived