Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Things I have discovered today:

1. Someone at Queen's is likely getting slapped (or fired) over this morning's fck up.

2. Skating "provincials" is the same weekend as the UofA interviews (could potentially run in to problems there)

3. My BS attempt at writing a grant proposal worked. Moral of the story- apparently I can BS my way through things.

4. After going on this site and seeing some people had received "rejections/intives" causes me to neurotically check my e-mail every 5 minutes.

5. Eating smoked oysters leaves a weird taste in your mouth (this I knew before). However, even brushing your teeth doesn't get rid of this weird taste. Now I have minty fresh smoked oyster breath. Awesome. That'll attract the guys:rolleyes:

6. After reading the above posts, it has been confirmed that you guys are absolutely amazing <3. :P

Okay, in regards to tip 5, I know of NOTHING that will take out the taste of smoked oysters. Wish I could help. I too have had the same problem in my pre-vegetarian era. It totally bites... big time. Maybe someone on this forum can lend you a hand :)

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not very difficult... but right now i'm looking for "no brainers". I've been watching reruns of How I met your mother, Big bang theory and Two and a half men. Movie wise rewatched wedding crashers, big daddy...

CONGRATS ON THE XBOX! :)

What kind of movies do u like?? And tv shows?

P.S I just won a free Xbox360 :D life is good

Last night I was supposed to stay in Vic, but I was locked out. J's cousin was staying over and although she knew I was coming she must have forgot and she locked the inside bolt. Doorbell didn't work, nor did banging on the window...

I tried to sleep in my vehicle but it was too cold. I aborted that plan, went back to home (about 1hr-ish away).

Then I wound up working this am and almost was late to class- I had to drive back down this morning. :(

Not happy.

It's bedtime now. Thank goodness today is over.

Congratulations - enjoy. :P

Merci :)

I'm not very difficult... but right now i'm looking for "no brainers". I've been watching reruns of How I met your mother, Big bang theory and Two and a half men. Movie wise rewatched wedding crashers, big daddy...

CONGRATS ON THE XBOX! :)

I was going to say watch the big bang theory! Um... For movies, here's a list for you similar to what you've been watching:

• Liar Liar (so funny and cute)
  • Billy Madison

• Hangover
  • The Social Network (doesnt really fit with the others, but it is gooood. Its up for 8 oscars :o )
  • Dumb or Dumber
  • Patch Adams
  • Mrs Doubtfire
  • Happy Gilmore (loves it!!!!!)

Last time I was there I was in grade 10 and I went on a road trip with my cousin who's two years older. He lives in Frankfurt, Germany, so this summer we're planning to do the same road trip (Frankfurt to Cologne to Berlin to Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and finally France), but extend it further into Spain and Portugal, then head along the Mediterranean through Marseille and into Italy, then back up into Switzerland, then to Austria, and finally end back in Frankfurt.

It'll be a lot more fun this time around since I'm no longer 16 and illegal. Although, even in grade 10 they didn't have very strict laws. :P

i'll be in europe for almost the entire month of august... maybe we'll meet up?

oh, and you should check out moores to see if they still have their 2 for 1 sale. i bought two suits last weekend... felt like a pimp.

The only reason I want to go to Portugal is for the Azores, lol. But we need to find a way to get there so that it fits our schedule first. Otherwise, we're just settling for the mainland.

I asked on FB if anyone knew of good shops for suits. Most people said Zara and a friend of mine offered me a 15% discount at the store on Robson, so I'll probably text her tomorrow.

yeah zara will be good.

maybe just check the moores website to see if they still have the sale on or call them tomorrow. they carry the same brands (lots of upscale ones) and moores usually has some crazy ass sales.

i'll be in europe for almost the entire month of august... maybe we'll meet up?

oh, and you should check out moores to see if they still have their 2 for 1 sale. i bought two suits last weekend... felt like a pimp.

get at me. Me and my buddy went in on December 26th to exploit the **** out of that sale.

edit: POST #

220px-Rush_2112.jpg

think I'm not gonna post for a few days so I can feel how awesome this is. I was pretty stoked about post # 1337 as well

get at me. Me and my buddy went in on December 26th to exploit the **** out of that sale.

oh newf. get at me!

it's a pretty tight sale. they have it 18 times a year... i'm curious how they stay afloat.

probably cause suits aren't really worth what we pay for 'em.

Last time I was there I was in grade 10 and I went on a road trip with my cousin who's two years older. He lives in Frankfurt, Germany, so this summer we're planning to do the same road trip (Frankfurt to Cologne to Berlin to Denmark, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg, and finally France), but extend it further into Spain and Portugal, then head along the Mediterranean through Marseille and into Italy, then back up into Switzerland, then to Austria, and finally end back in Frankfurt.

It'll be a lot more fun this time around since I'm no longer 16 and illegal. Although, even in grade 10 they didn't have very strict laws. :P

Lol- If you're talking about "illegal" in Germany at 16- you actually weren't. Drinking age is 16 there (ie you can go into a bar and order beer and wine). 18 for hard liquor. Hell, when I was over there skating (at 17) some of the 14 year olds were able to get in with a note from their parents (no jokes!) since as long as the parents are ok with it, the bar owners don't care. Just don't ride a bike while drunk- that carries a huge ass fine! :P

If you're able to swing it, head down into the Munich area- they have the best beer ever. Also, if you're able to head out in July, at Rothenburg (the medieval city) it totally comes alive and there's a huge legit jousting tournament (super cool).

PS... while you're over in Germany indulging in the fine beer, may I suggest a Radler (or Radlermasse)... That stuff is so damn good! But order the litre mug... if you order just a glass they know you're a tourist;)

Other things I learned today:

1. When one young boy in a group misbehaves, they all do. It's like it's contagious or something.

2. I'm going to cut off my left arm. It seems to be the root of all problems with my jumps lately, and that seems like the most logical solution. I can be a one-armed-bandit-surgeon right?

3. Junior high is as much hell for kids now as it was back when I was that age. I'm going to have to sit down and talk with one girl. Some of the stuff I found out tonight from one of the other girls I skate with kinda scares me :S. I just hope she'll listen....

Bah! I hope tomorrow (today?) is a better day....

Oh I totally know what you mean about not having 'strict' laws lol. I went when I was 17 with students my age from Quebec, France, and the US and we had loads of fun lol. That trip you are planning sounds amazing! I hope you get a chance to go to Portugal! My family is from the Azores. You'd probably go to the mainland though. Make sure to have some Portuguese baking if you go there:) we make some tasty pastries.

Portuguese egg tarts! A solid egg tart is to die for.

Has anyone else seen this russian baby "yoga" video. Apparently the baby is 2 weeks old. I know what baby yoga is, and I've seen it at my local community centre, but this just makes me sad/angry/gasp.

http://thedailyblender.blogspot.com/2010/12/russian-baby-yoga-exercises-wtfvideo.html

Having had my own babies...I can't watch past the first few seconds where she's forcing it to walk by pulling on it's arms. OMFG YOU STUPID *****

There are exercises you can do with babies...you can rub their bellies and move their legs like bicycles (gently) to help improve the movement of gas...but, by god...babies are the most flexible and delicate things on the planet...they DO NOT NEED YOGA.

Having had my own babies...I can't watch past the first few seconds where she's forcing it to walk by pulling on it's arms. OMFG YOU STUPID *****

There are exercises you can do with babies...you can rub their bellies and move their legs like bicycles (gently) to help improve the movement of gas...but, by god...babies are the most flexible and delicate things on the planet...they DO NOT NEED YOGA.

*nods in agreement*

Archived