Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Having had my own babies...I can't watch past the first few seconds where she's forcing it to walk by pulling on it's arms. OMFG YOU STUPID *****

There are exercises you can do with babies...you can rub their bellies and move their legs like bicycles (gently) to help improve the movement of gas...but, by god...babies are the most flexible and delicate things on the planet...they DO NOT NEED YOGA.

OMG! I don't have kids and this PISSES ME OFF. I think I watched 5 seconds of it before having to turn it off! Poor baby! Omg- what the f- is she doing to it?! Swinging a baby around like that is not good for joints and limbs!!!

I was hoping it was fake...but then with the "walking" movements of the baby at the beginning I'm sad to believe it isn't:(

Makes me sad:(

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OMG! I don't have kids and this PISSES ME OFF. I think I watched 5 seconds of it before having to turn it off! Poor baby! Omg- what the f- is she doing to it?! Swinging a baby around like that is not good for joints and limbs!!!

I was hoping it was fake...but then with the "walking" movements of the baby at the beginning I'm sad to believe it isn't:(

Makes me sad:(

It's not fake b/c I've already flipped out at people doing this "for real". My mother's first lesson in teaching me anything about babies was when I was a child...she told me you can't pick them up by their arms b/c you can pull them out of socket...and I remember reading a lot of papers on tot fractures and dislocations by parents pulling on a small child's limbs...sooooooo mean

When you have acceptances under your belt, rejection from some makes you humble. :D I would say 3 Interviews should result in 1 Acceptance. :P

Thats a highly variable figure. For some every interview = acceptance (I'm not talking about one-hit-wonders), for others every interview = rejection. I was like 45% with my interview:acceptance ratio. :P

It's not fake b/c I've already flipped out at people doing this "for real". My mother's first lesson in teaching me anything about babies was when I was a child...she told me you can't pick them up by their arms b/c you can pull them out of socket...and I remember reading a lot of papers on tot fractures and dislocations by parents pulling on a small child's limbs...sooooooo mean

I think that's the first thing my mom taught me about babies too!

I mean, you shouldn't bundle them up and hold them forever, but there's an appropriate age to let them do it.... on their OWN! Let them discover the movements themselves. I was walking by 8 or 9 months... and my mom didn't "manipulate" my legs to make me walk!

So much stuff I see nowadays makes me go "ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?!"

Thats a highly variable figure. For some every interview = acceptance (I'm not talking about one-hit-wonders), for others every interview = rejection. I was like 45% with my interview:acceptance ratio. :P

Yes, of course, there will be a great variability. And I was not trying to be scientific :) just cautiously optimistic. So much depends upon one's interview skills along with an insightful mind and ability to communicate. 45% is very good. :P

Portuguese egg tarts! A solid egg tart is to die for.

THIS.

10char.

I only spent about a week in Portugal, but some of my classmates were there for longer. I was on my bike so I got to visit some lovely little towns. I was in Spain for a UVic geology course, so I went to a few countries when I was there.

Eastern Europe is really nice too- and very interesting.

My "homeland" is Scandinavia- I was struck by how much like Canada it is, in many ways. I know now why I feel at home in the wilderness, all my ancestors (scandinavian and north american) were living in areas just like here.

I think I'm OK with not traveling for a little while for the time being. I got my travel bug out of me for now.

Portuguese egg tarts! A solid egg tart is to die for.

THIS.

10char.

I only spent about a week in Portugal, but some of my classmates were there for longer. I was on my bike so I got to visit some lovely little towns. I was in Spain for a UVic geology course, so I went to a few countries when I was there.

Eastern Europe is really nice too- and very interesting.

My "homeland" is Scandinavia- I was struck by how much like Canada it is, in many ways. I know now why I feel at home in the wilderness, all my ancestors (scandinavian and north american) were living in areas just like here.

I think I'm OK with not traveling for a little while for the time being. I got my travel bug out of me for now.

Omg, I love you guys!! Some people I know didn't even know where Portugal was before I told them, (i.e. couldn't locate Portugal on a map, or thought it was a city in Spain), let alone have travelled there or have eaten our delicious pastries!! *streaming tears of joy*

Today we had a class on Oral Contraceptives.

This is one of the first times I have ever heard that there are so many of them. So I mused, "Gee, doesn't really seem to be worth it ... all this work for sex?"

Attending told me my sex wasn't right then. ;)

Tired to max today. I also dislike selfish, pushy, aggressive people who can't control themselves.

I also discovered that I've received some exceptional training at York University for the systems we're using. I seem to understand it a lot better than some other grad students.

Do you think it would be too much if I made a manual (I did this for York) on the system and how to use it (beginning stages) for all grad students that are lost with the system and the new students that are going to be coming in? Would this be considered nosy in a way? :confused:

This is one of the first times I have ever heard that there are so many of them. So I mused, "Gee, doesn't really seem to be worth it ... all this work for sex?"

It's worth it.

Tired to max today. I also dislike selfish, pushy, aggressive people who can't control themselves.

I also discovered that I've received some exceptional training at York University for the systems we're using. I seem to understand it a lot better than some other grad students.

Do you think it would be too much if I made a manual (I did this for York) on the system and how to use it (beginning stages) for all grad students that are lost with the system and the new students that are going to be coming in? Would this be considered nosy in a way? :confused:

It may be considered nosy at first, but I know that if I was comming into a program and I heard a grad student had written a manual, I would love it. Try making one and see what people think of it, but I think it's a good idea.

Took my kids to daycare and a car just like my ex's drove madly through traffic honking it's horn and zipping around vehicles...I thought to myself "That's gotta be him...and oh, he hasn't changed a bit". It was him, 5 min later I get a text saying "It's a small world isn't it".

Why do I let him bother me. Ugh.

Had a student today in one of my lectures who kept asking questions such as

"What's an oscillation?" followed by "I thought an oscillation was just a graph!"

"What does calibration mean?"

"What's an isotope?"

*face palm*

Gotta love us silly undergrads :)

It's worth it.

What's worth it- contraception, or sex? :confused::D

I don't know if I posted this here already- but this one was classic. Sorry in advance if I did...

http://www.neatorama.com/2010/09/04/butts-arrested-in-boob-murder-case/

where's mith's kanye gif... remember that time i made a comment about mith's crossword obsession and he posted it in response to my comment... well, i'd do that to this if i could.

the comments are what make this funny. if it wasn't about murder i'd laugh.

apparently i fail at boys...

i met a boy last night while i was playing pool with a friend and we all sat together for a while and he asked for my number. we texted for a little while after i left and he sent the last text. how long should i wait before texting him?! unless he texts me in the meantime.. ahhhhhhh

Archived