Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Huge earthquake hit Japan, news was saying it was 8.4! Yikes!

8.9... Tsunami warning. Update: I'm watching CNN and 3 different feeds say 8.4, 7.9 and 8.9...

Should be hitting Hawaii at about 3am their time with 3.5 foot waves (may be bigger).

Very very sad... The footage made it look like a bathtub with kids toys swirling around, but they were boats and cars... Hundreds of them.

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8.9... Tsunami warning. Update: I'm watching CNN and 3 different feeds say 8.4, 7.9 and 8.9...

Should be hitting Hawaii at about 3am their time with 3.5 foot waves (may be bigger).

Very very sad... The footage made it look like a bathtub with kids toys swirling around, but they were boats and cars... Hundreds of them.

Plus some of the aftershocks were 6.0 or higher. Scary times in Japan right now. Luckily no nuclear reactors were breached (that I've heard of).

^I know :(. My cousin is at Japan for an exchange this semester and I wish she'll call us soon. Worried to death.

I hope she's okay, DM <3 I'm on needles right now because one of my good friends moved back to Japan, she's there right now... and I'm so worried about her and her family. I hope she's doing okay.

I hope she's okay, DM <3 I'm on needles right now because one of my good friends moved back to Japan, she's there right now... and I'm so worried about her and her family. I hope she's doing okay.

Still no phone call. Everything's a mess there... I tried calling but no connection. She's at the epicenter and I'm so scared to get bad news. :(. Life is so not fair.

Still no phone call. Everything's a mess there... I tried calling but no connection. She's at the epicenter and I'm so scared to get bad news. :(. Life is so not fair.
I heard on the news that Canadians who have friends/family over there should contact the emergency operations centre since the consulate is trying to make sure that all Canadians are accounted for.

I heard on the news that Canadians who have friends/family over there should contact the emergency operations centre since the consulate is trying to make sure that all Canadians are accounted for.

Couldn't get a hold of them the entire day today. But I will keep trying. She's not Canadian though... she's an international student studying at UofT and went there for an one semester exchange. I can't bare watching the footage on TV.. so so so sad... :(

My thoughts and prayers are with all of those affected by the earthquake and tsunami.Hopefully rescue efforts prove succesful and the loss of life is minimized.

We can count our blessings that such an event happened in a country that is well prepared for such an event, if it happened any where else in the world this disaster would have been an absolute catastrophe.

Thought are with you and your family DM. I received news from my friend in Japan!!!!! She's ok! She said it was scary (she was on a train when it happened) but all of her friends and family are unharmed and that she is lucky.

Update - she stayed overnight at her school (the trains were not working). She's safe at home now though, trains are working. Im so grateful for the Internet. I think it would have been very difficult to reach her otherwise.

I just wanted to vent. I dislike English courses. I like reading and writing.

With some teachers I do well and with some I don't. It has nothing to do with my skill or the amount of hours I put in. I can try to up my chances with rateyourprof.com and look at statistics, but even then it's still (almost!) purely subjective.

That's my rant.

Thanks for "hearing" me whine like a 2 year old.

Garret

I had a great night with friends yesterday :) we had an Italian night: boccinci salad, tomato/basil pizza, spinach lasagna, scallops with proscutto (I didn't have this, but everyone loved it), and a giant slice of tiramisu at the end. Everything was made by my friends and I, down to the lady finger batter for the tiramisu and pizza dough :) and, we had a little but of red wine at the end. Overindulgence? maybe. Grateful to have amazing friends? Most definitely, yes.

Archived