Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this is my life right now. why is thesis so boring?

LOL sorry to hear that. You finishing up a Masters or is your senior thesis? Very thankful over here that I didn't commit to one (Masters) upon graduation last year. If you're referring to your senior thesis: no comment. I rather enjoyed mine thankfully (I did do it over the summer though...the year is just too packed to take it all in).

Hey RyanM... What's it like losing to the last place team... Twice? ;)

Awwwweeeee yeah! :D

AMAZING game!! :D Of all the games to go see I picked a gooder :D

Well to be honest, I havent watched the last two games, y'know since we locked up the presidents trophy as the best team in the league. I guess it feels like "indifference".

Whats up with people having their interviews listed in their sig? IMO you ain't legit unless you get in! Interview is just another step, not a badge of honour. :P

I think it actually helps to remember who everyone is/which places they were going etc... I had them in there, too, and I only finally gave in and did it because I was tired of being asked where I was interviewing and having to repeat it... didn't really do it for any kind of recognition or as a sign of honour... :S

Having said that though, it is just another step, one that's essential to the ultimate goal, so why not be proud?

Hey RyanM... What's it like losing to the last place team... Twice? ;)

Awwwweeeee yeah! :D

AMAZING game!! :D Of all the games to go see I picked a gooder :D

I find it humorous that you can brag about being the last place team...

As for the canucks losing to the oil... they didn't deserve to win either of those games. The oil were the better team (especially special teams) plain and simple. I think they let the air out of the tires a bit after winning the president's trophy.

Having said that, the real season starts in a couple of weeks and the canucks will have a lot of people to impress. I'm doubting that they will, mainly because the twins seem to have gone quiet and having Malhotra out is pretty devastating. We'll see- it's all about who hits their stride in the playoffs.

Oh, and enjoy the off season... I hear the golf courses in Edmonton are... non-existent? You guys will have your chance provided you nurture the young talent and draft wisely. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Oil near the top of the conference in a few years time.

I think it actually helps to remember who everyone is/which places they were going etc... I had them in there, too, and I only finally gave in and did it because I was tired of being asked where I was interviewing and having to repeat it... didn't really do it for any kind of recognition or as a sign of honour... :S

Having said that though, it is just another step, one that's essential to the ultimate goal, so why not be proud?

I think it's good to be proud of your accomplishments- getting a single interview is difficult let alone having several. The thing I compare it to is putting either your MCAT score or overall GPA in your signature for everybody to see. That could come across as a little pretentious or silly depending upon how you look at it.

Ultimately, writing in your signature that you have 4,5,6,7 etc interviews is a bit of a show- You're telling everybody that you are this amazing applicant who has all of these interviews (even if it is not your intention, which I'm not saying it is). It's good to see and I don't think it's a bad idea, but I can see where some might be thinking wtf is the big deal- it's an interview... where others might look at it and say- that guy/girl certainly thinks highly of him/herself and others might think it's good to know where everybody applied... keep tabs on our forum friends. It can also create conversations or new contacts for members interested in those specific schools.

I know that if I wanted to apply to a certain school I would want to speak with other applicants who were successful in receiving interviews... I can't think of a better way than to have it right in your signature.

I'm neither for nor against having the interviews in our signatures... But I can see it from a few different perspectives and see where some issues may arise.

I think it's good to be proud of your accomplishments- getting a single interview is difficult let alone having several. The thing I compare it to is putting either your MCAT score or overall GPA in your signature for everybody to see. That could come across as a little pretentious or silly depending upon how you look at it.

Ultimately, writing in your signature that you have 4,5,6,7 etc interviews is a bit of a show- You're telling everybody that you are this amazing applicant who has all of these interviews (even if it is not your intention, which I'm not saying it is). It's good to see and I don't think it's a bad idea, but I can see where some might be thinking wtf is the big deal- it's an interview... where others might look at it and say- that guy/girl certainly thinks highly of him/herself and others might think it's good to know where everybody applied... keep tabs on our forum friends. It can also create conversations or new contacts for members interested in those specific schools.

I know that if I wanted to apply to a certain school I would want to speak with other applicants who were successful in receiving interviews... I can't think of a better way than to have it right in your signature.

I'm neither for nor against having the interviews in our signatures... But I can see it from a few different perspectives and see where some issues may arise.

hahaha, yeah. Agreed.

MMI Score for this station: 5/5!

i'm calling the oil to make the playoffs or nearly miss (7th-10th) next year if everyone stays healthy and they get another first or second overall pic. i'm also calling dubnyk stealing the starting job from overpaid drunk-a-bulin with gerber as the backup and deslauriers and khabibulin out as trade-bate, hopefully they'll finally get rid of souray too, hopefully he gets tired of playing in the minors and takes a contract re-structuring (i doubt it, playing in the minors isn't that bad when you're making like 6 mil).

Oh, and enjoy the off season... I hear the golf courses in Edmonton are... non-existent? You guys will have your chance provided you nurture the young talent and draft wisely. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Oil near the top of the conference in a few years time.

DocT7- I thought it was great when ppl started to put the interviews in their sigs. I was tired of asking everyone. :)

However...

I have a feeling it did scare some people off the forum, to be honest. It's also tough to write that you were rejected (even if you got interviews at some schools) in your sig.

Next, I think we should start ragging on ppl who put their personal blog in their sig, especially if said blog has not been updated in, say, 17 days or so? :P

and boom goes the dynamite.

:cool:

Ew.

DocT7- I thought it was great when ppl started to put the interviews in their sigs. I was tired of asking everyone. :)

However...

I have a feeling it did scare some people off the forum, to be honest. It's also tough to write that you were rejected (even if you got interviews at some schools) in your sig.

Next, I think we should start ragging on ppl who put their personal blog in their sig, especially if said blog has not been updated in, say, 17 days or so? :P

Ew.

I'm sorry- I'm feeling a serious lack of motivation to blog right now... In fact, I'm feeling a serious lack of motivation to do just about everything.

I will try and update tonight or tomorrow.

I'm sorry- I'm feeling a serious lack of motivation to blog right now... In fact, I'm feeling a serious lack of motivation to do just about everything.

Cool! I love blogs, I never even clued in that there was a link to a blog in your signature... :rolleyes: ha.

Anyways, just read your first post -- I thought day light savings time was established in Canada to help the farmers?? Neat, nonetheless... I still don't like it, though.

I also feel ya on the serious lack of motivation. Writing on here and reading blogs is the last thing I should be doing..

Stfu... 3D statics... good thing I didn't yet get to 3D dynamics... it would be triple stfu 3D dynamics... :mad: Did I ever mention how much I dislike doing useless calculations on pieces of paper?!?!?! That's why we have matlab and other programs... but nooooooooo... we have to learn how to do it manually... screw you grad school.... :(

Let's just hope this helps me somehow, some day in life.... otherwise, I'll swear... and remember and NEVER forget sleepless nights of retarded 100 page calculations... oh dare I also say that if you make ONE retarded mistake like put a negative where it's not supposed to be, everything is wrong??!?!?! LIKE ALL 60 PAGES OF YOUR MOTHER ****ING WORK?!?!!?!? Yeah... argh.... :mad:

I wasn't trying to be mean, sorry. I just wanted to tease you a little bit. I think a lot of us are feeling a lack of motivation, myself included. I'm OK on the studying front for motivation, at least most of the time, but I feel a little like I've checked out of the rest of life.

Ugh... Some frail old immigrant woman ran out of her house today and screamed at me for letting my dog chase geese in the park (to be fair, me and the dog were chasing the geese; I ****ing hate the bastards). Freaked me out, too, because there was no one else in the park and suddenly, BAM, I turn around and there she is moving her lips and wagging her finger but it's all silent because I'm listening to my iPhone.

Archived