Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

Why you so nervous leap?

Got only today to study for psych final tomorrow and I still can't get motivated... aghagsdfwaef

Presentation? Date? This could mean a number of things, Leap!

Or were you saying that in 1 hr 27min you will be ****ting bricks, and that is the reason for your nervousness. ****ing bricks definitely does not sound like fun and I do not envy you. Try to relax as the bricks come out to allow for easier passage. My dad had to pass kidney stones and I though that that would suck... I should tell him to be thankful it was just little salt crystals and not bricks.

Huge exam that determines my career and life path. I guess it went okay. Maybe in the last half an hour I got demolished.... *taps on back* but I guess it was okay. We'll see what the decision yields. Just praying it's good... all I need is a pass............................ Le sigh...

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha couple years ago my biochem prof dressed up as gandalf for halloween and said this. he also made up a song about histones based on the flintstones theme song. he won a teaching award!

Sounds a lot cooler than most profs at my school. Do you remember the song?

Lol whatever works, Mac. I hated the damn thing.

I hated it too. My strategy: punch the daylights out of it on test day!

What happened: I punch, it blocked, it punched, I wasn't so lucky... ended up lying on my back with MCAT on top of me drilling its stone-cold fists into my face.... maybe love would work better...

I hated it too. My strategy: punch the daylights out of it on test day!

What happened: I punch, it blocked, it punched, I wasn't so lucky... ended up lying on my back with MCAT on top of me drilling its stone-cold fists into my face.... maybe love would work better...

For me it was a horrible experience, L. I get what you mean about wanting to punch it!!! I wrote it in Van after staying up for around 40 hours straight without sleep do to really bad test anxiety. I actually fell asleep during one of the sections for a few minutes. I nearly walked out after PS because I was 100% sure I had failed it, but I went to the bathroom, slapped myself to wake up, splashed my face with water and went back and attacked the damn thing. Happy it ended up fine. But man, after the test, I saw people crying and like hug each other. I never want to write that damn thing again lol!

The test is evil, IMO hahaha. Maybe it is best to be on good terms with it before it knocks you down.

For me it was a horrible experience, L. I get what you mean about wanting to punch it!!! I wrote it in Van after staying up for around 40 hours straight without sleep do to really bad test anxiety. I actually fell asleep during one of the sections for a few minutes. I nearly walked out after PS because I was 100% sure I had failed it, but I went to the bathroom, slapped myself to wake up, splashed my face with water and went back and attacked the damn thing. Happy it ended up fine. But man, after the test, I saw people crying and like hug each other. I never want to write that damn thing again lol!

The test is evil, IMO hahaha. Maybe it is best to be on good terms with it before it knocks you down.

Haha yeah I definitely know what you mean. And like you, I still did fine... just expected ~5 pts higher... Ahh, I can't think about it or I will get all mad at myself again. *trying to think of something else* "...have you ever heard a wolf cry to a blue corn moon, or ask the grinning bobcat why he grinned?"

Haha yeah I definitely know what you mean. And like you, I still did fine... just expected ~5 pts higher... Ahh, I can't think about it or I will get all mad at myself again. *trying to think of something else* "...have you ever heard a wolf cry to a blue corn moon, or ask the grinning bobcat why he grinned?"

Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

hehe :)

I LOVE the MCAT. Then again, I wrote it the first time "for fun" and doing well on it "for fun" has led me to where I am today. I'll probably be writing it again in the next little while, but I know I'm sitting with a pretty good score so I can be satisfied I won't do any worse.

I have a final exam tomorrow in Russian- the course ended about 3 wks ago and I haven't really touched it since... it SHOULD be pretty easy but I'm still kind of concerned. I just haven;t had time to study for it in between work and making dinner and taking care of the house. I feel like a bird in a cage. :(

Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind? Can you paint with all the colors of the wind?

hehe :)

I have a friend who knows all disney songs, and has a great voice, and plays the guitar, and sounds so cool when she sings them. When I try to sing them I just sound like a disney character, I do not sound cool.

I LOVE the MCAT. Then again, I wrote it the first time "for fun" and doing well on it "for fun" has led me to where I am today. I'll probably be writing it again in the next little while, but I know I'm sitting with a pretty good score so I can be satisfied I won't do any worse.

Okay Kyla? I used to like you, but you know very well that I am not capable of liking people who did well on the MCAT without prepping don't you? I spent a good chunk of my summer working for that thing and still came 5 points below my goal/expectation... arghh

Just kidding I still like you... I am just a wee jealous I s'pose

I have a final exam tomorrow in Russian- the course ended about 3 wks ago and I haven't really touched it since... it SHOULD be pretty easy but I'm still kind of concerned. I just haven;t had time to study for it in between work and making dinner and taking care of the house. I feel like a bird in a cage. :(

For fun? Kyla, you're a star. Good luck on your exam tomorrow :)

Okay Kyla? I used to like you, but you know very well that I am not capable of liking people who did well on the MCAT without prepping don't you? I spent a good chunk of my summer working for that thing and still came 5 points below my goal/expectation... arghh

For fun? Kyla, you're a star. Good luck on your exam tomorrow :)

Let me be clear- I was helping someone study for it and he suggested I write it too becuase I might as well. It was when it was still a paper exam so it didn't fill up or anything. I walked into it with no expectations, and in a good mood, and did OK- not stellar (but I kicked his butt). As a result, I have a great attitude towards it. When I wrote it the second time I did study pretty hard for it and I did better.

It's an exam that plays to my strengths. It's a test of human endurance, and that's something I've been training for my whole life. It's also a reading speed test and I can read quickly. I can do estimation math quickly. So I don't think I'm any sort of star, it's just that it happens to align really well with what I do well.

There are lots of things I do not do well.

Good luck with the Russian exam! Wow, that's quite a challenging language to learn, isn't it? When I had to study languages, I took the "easy" way out with French and German. :P

well, when your goal is a 45T...

Good luck with the Russian exam! Wow, that's quite a challenging language to learn, isn't it? When I had to study languages, I took the "easy" way out with French and German. :P

I like languages. I wanted to take a 100-level language course for an elective GPA-booster, but I can't do the normal thing and take french/german, of course.

Don't forget this is the girl who takes the MCAT for fun...

Archived