Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OSAP just screwed me over.... f$#@%#@%@^@$ douchebags... Stupid school didn't send the form I submitted in January about being a student so that my loans are in interest free status... Now interest accumulated and OSAP sent me the dumb letter saying I have to pay back my loans.... When all this time I've been in school... I am so angry right now... :mad:

OSAP just screwed me over.... f$#@%#@%@^@$ douchebags... Stupid school didn't send the form I submitted in January about being a student so that my loans are in interest free status... Now interest accumulated and OSAP sent me the dumb letter saying I have to pay back my loans.... When all this time I've been in school... I am so angry right now... :mad:

:mad: AFE here is just as bad, feels like they're trying to screw you over sometimes.

I have to go grocery shopping. I hate going grocery shopping!!! And since I'm always running short on money I need to visit 5 stores to get everything from sales.. thankfully all the stores are separated by a total distance of about 5km but still. I did clean up my apartment yesterday so at least that's done.

Did you meet up yet Mith?

No, she hasn't texted me since saying that she thought it'd be a good idea to meet up just to talk things over. I already said that it was up to her when she wanted to meet up, so anything I say after is just repeating myself.

Understood. There is nothing else to do at this point as you say.

Move on and maybe you will be surprised. If nothing, follow up with a text in the fall, anything sooner will look like you are chasing her in a race she has not entered. And perhaps, then say something light like, "Hey, what about some coffee?" And then, what will be, will be.

Meanwhile, have a great summer and may we all enjoy med school! :)

Understood. There is nothing else to do at this point as you say.

Move on and maybe you will be surprised. If nothing, follow up with a text in the fall, anything sooner will look like you are chasing her in a race she has not entered. And perhaps, then say something light like, "Hey, what about some coffee?" And then, what will be, will be.

Meanwhile, have a great summer and may we all enjoy med school! :)

and dental school:D ...i follow this thread sometimes also:)

I have a friend who's going to study for the MCAT in 2 weeks and then write it. Considering that I'm spending 6 times as much time as him prepping, I'm quite interested in comparing scores. He uses a similar strategy (1-2 days) studying for midterms/finals. Something tells me we're going to end up with pretty much the same score!

I have a friend who's going to study for the MCAT in 2 weeks and then write it. Considering that I'm spending 6 times as much time as him prepping, I'm quite interested in comparing scores. He uses a similar strategy (1-2 days) studying for midterms/finals. Something tells me we're going to end up with pretty much the same score!

It worked for me and I use the same strategy with respect to finals and cramming. Just different learning styles I think.

It worked for me and I use the same strategy with respect to finals and cramming. Just different learning styles I think.

Worked for the MCAT? I'm impressed- especially for verbal

Lots of confounding factors Leon...not a good statistical comparison

Yea I know. With my friend, it works for *most* of his courses but he bombed one last semester with a 3.0 which basically drags down his whole year. I guess its +/- both ways

We all have different ways of studying.. you can only be truly efficient once you've found the optimal method for yourself which can take a lot of trial and errors! Something that works for me possibly makes no sense for you, and vice versa. I was actually talking about that with my dad this morning on the phone - I have semi-photographic memory and can remember slides with diagrams and arrows on them, he can't. But he learns in a different way that I can't.

+1

I am exactly like your friend. I study for like 2 days before a midterm/exam, and still manage to pull off good grades. My friends hate me for it... but it is all about being efficient and to know how you study best.

I think for the mcat though, I would start studying at least 1 month before the exam just because of the sheer enormity of the exam.

good luck with you mcat!;)

We all have different ways of studying.. you can only be truly efficient once you've found the optimal method for yourself which can take a lot of trial and errors! Something that works for me possibly makes no sense for you, and vice versa. I was actually talking about that with my dad this morning on the phone - I have semi-photographic memory and can remember slides with diagrams and arrows on them, he can't. But he learns in a different way that I can't.

Im somewhat similar. My brain doesnt work in a linear manner so i need to find creative ways to learn.

+1. Everyone is different and needs to learn what works for them when it comes to studying. I can't cram a day or two before an exam - my brain just doesn't retain the material that way (I guess my short-term memory sucks. :P) For memorization-intensive courses, I always had to work hard all semester long to retain the information (ie. memorizing all the steps, inputs and outputs, enzymes, and all their structures for the Kreb's cycle in biochemistry, memorizing the structure of all the amino acids, memorizing the origin and insertion of muscles in anatomy, etc.) Trying to cram that stuff into my brain just a few days before an exam would result in total failure. Yet I had plenty of friends who could cram and do just fine. But I'm not one of them.

I can't cram a day or two before an exam - my brain just doesn't retain the material that way (I guess my short-term memory sucks. :P) For memorization-intensive courses, I always had to work hard all semester long to retain the information........Trying to cram that stuff into my brain just a few days before an exam would result in total failure.

I must be your twin. :D We each need to find what works for us individually. For me, it is continuous hard work, i.e.,, it is a marathon.

My new roommate has a dog. A whiny little pug. And it cried by the door today and I thought it needed to go pee, so I let it out. Turns out it just wanted to play with this other dog, and when I went to go see them, the other dog peed on my leg. At least I can still like the dog I live with but ewww... :(

Why are people so unfriendly in my MCAT class?

I just want to talk about things outside of MCAT and get to know you a bit better outside of which med school you are applying to. and they stare at me like if I'm so sort of massive competition that they don't have the human decency to talk to. I'm sorry that I study and know the answers in class...it's not like I do anything else, be grateful that at least you have a life >.> <.<

Honestly. I don't care how many degrees you have, or that you volunteer at Sick Kids right afterwards. Or that you're applying to the states. Or that you think that you just need a high MCAT score to get into U of T. Or that you know the dean of medicine at Queens.

I just asked how your weekend was....maybe I'm the insane one.

Archived