Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
In practice, we willl encounter people of all kinds of different background, lifestyles and illnesses and we need to be open, accepting, tolerant and have compassion. Let's start in our own daily lives.

Well said!

And, on a different note, I am sooooo happy Glee is back. I just love Kurt so much!

Guys, as future physicians, do not be judgmental - try being understanding. In practice, we willl encounter people of all kinds of different background, lifestyles and illnesses and we need to be open, accepting, tolerant and have compassion. Let's start in our own daily lives.

Wow, not everything needs to be politically correct in this world or on this forum.

A sense of humour towards the odd and quirky is a good thing in life.

Wow, not everything needs to be politically correct in this world or on this forum.

Well, I personally did crack a smile when you said it :)

But anywhoo... time for a Cerena-esque conversation changer...

I made about 40 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies yesterday, and now they're almost ALL GONE!

That's what I get for telling my bf I made cookies.

Convo went sort of like this last night:

Me: "I made some cookies!"

Bf: "K."

*click*

Me: "Uhh, hello?"

*5 minutes later... door bell rings

Bf and friend parade through the hall, scoop up cookies, and run.

Me: "Ugh.. bye?"

LMAO

sounds like me when i was in school the first time. I became known as the human garbage disposal. Make food, have food to spare? I take it! Lol

Coooooooooookkkkieeeesssssss

Well, I personally did crack a smile when you said it :)

But anywhoo... time for a Cerena-esque conversation changer...

I made about 40 oatmeal chocolate chip cookies yesterday, and now they're almost ALL GONE!

That's what I get for telling my bf I made cookies.

Convo went sort of like this last night:

Me: "I made some cookies!"

Bf: "K."

*click*

Me: "Uhh, hello?"

*5 minutes later... door bell rings

Bf and friend parade through the hall, scoop up cookies, and run.

Me: "Ugh.. bye?"

lol I completely agree. I'm not going to put others down and discriminate against others because of their looks but you better believe I'll still joke around here and there. Life will be seriously long and dull if you can't do this. Doctors have personalities too. :P

We have transgender members, homosexual members and all of us are entitled to respect and courtesy.

Having fun here is fine and important but putting down a category of people is neither fun nor appropriate, nor necessary. This is simple courtesy and common sense. This is not a politically correct issue, it is treat others as you wish to be treated. These rules have worked well for years, so please kindly do not upset the applecart.

All are welcome here. With respect, such comments are best kept to yourself in your own home. We all play by the rules with rudeness or attacks. I will defend the right of others to be different on this forum and eveywhere.

We have transgender members, homosexual members and all of us are entitled to respect and courtesy.

Having fun here is fine and important but putting down a category of people is neither fun nor appropriate, nor necessary. This is simple courtesy and common sense. This is not a politically correct issue, it is treat others as you wish to be treated. These rules have worked well for years, so please kindly do not upset the applecart.

All are welcome here. With respect, such comments are best kept to yourself in your own home. We all play by the rules with rudeness or attacks. I will defend the right of others to be different on this forum and eveywhere.

I don't see any inappropriate comments or a putting down of people.

Enlighten us :)

I don't see any inappropriate comments or a putting down of people.

Enlighten us :)

You are a 35 year old businessman who is so to speak transgendering your life - making a major shift for your own personal reasons, and I wish you every success in this difficult transition. You are having to adjust to these circumstances and put up with some b.s. that comes with the territory of being an UG.

You obviously have more experience in life than us, than me. You have accomplished much in life that we do not know about nor have we experienced. You are mature and seasoned.

If you cannot have the simple humility to respect another with a different lifestyle, who may be a future patient, you are lacking in compassion and underdtanding. Both you an d I know that you know better and I wont rise to your bait Arrogance is best left in the boardroom, with humility and compassion being here. Dont play about important matters as a future physician. It , just be respectful of others as you were with colleagues you respected in the wold you left. Transgenedered people are members here.

We all have character, Enlighten you. If you are beyond redemption, nobody can enlighten you. Why not make a positive contribution, which sometimes requires simple silence.

You are a 35 year old businessman who is so to speak transgendering your life - making a major shift for your own personal reasons, and I wish you every success in this difficult transition. You are having to adjust to these circumstances and put up with some b.s. that comes with the territory of being an UG.

You obviously have more experience in life than us, than me. You have accomplished much in life that we do not know about nor have we experienced. You are mature and seasoned.

If you cannot have the simple humility to respect another with a different lifestyle, who may be a future patient, you are lacking in compassion and underdtanding. Both you an d I know that you know better and I wont rise to your bait Arrogance is best left in the boardroom, with humility and compassion being here. Dont play about important matters as a future physician. It , just be respectful of others as you were with colleagues you respected in the wold you left. Transgenedered people are members here.

We all have character, Enlighten you. If you are beyond redemption, nobody can enlighten you. Why not make a positive contribution, which sometimes requires simple silence.

I think way too much is being made from a statement which didn't say alot to begin with. Let's forget about it and move on.

Why don't you make a positive contribution and don't be so judgmental about people as well as let it go?! :confused:

P.S. This doesn't only apply to this thread f_d. There were MANY, MANY times when you've judged people on this board... some new users, some old... and no one has ever said anything to you. So stop being so hypocritical.

Throughout my day to day i find MANY things amusingly funny. I find crap i do amusingly funny. No doubt i've been looked at as an outsider for something i wore, my body type, hair or whatever. I don't care. Funny is funny.

I can find something funny and still have respect for a person. You, apparently, cannot and that's cool but leave your comments for those who ACTUALLY make offensive comments as NONE of mine were offensive.

I could go on but it's useless. Next time use you brain to figure out when offensive comments are actually being made instead of going on a politically correct nutty over something quite benign.

Enjoy your day :)

^ The collective membership know who is offensive and what is offensive.

They appreciate having fun too, what you consider fun on this forum is actually reprehensible when making slurs about transgendered people. It becomes our business when it is done in public.

I sincerely hope that in time you lose your ego and replace it with humility and respect. I urge you, like the rest of us, to focus on making a positive contribution to this forum, with your life experience you have so much you could share with us if you choose to. Some people are big, some are little, enough said - I have more important fish to fry.

a little advil works.

or a heating pad in your hands for a bit.

joint pain sucks large

Thanks for the advice! Just took the advil. I don't have a heating pad, so I'm putting my hand under my laptop. That works too, right? :)

I've actually never had joint pain before. It really does suck!

Why don't you make a positive contribution and don't be so judgmental about people as well as let it go?! :confused:

P.S. This doesn't only apply to this thread f_d. There were MANY, MANY times when you've judged people on this board... some new users, some old... and no one has ever said anything to you. So stop being so hypocritical.

Are you serious? :)

"Why don't you make a positive contribution?" - I must say...that is by far the funniest comment I have read about future_doc. Take a look at this thread:

http://www.premed101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52483

I believe the comments made by members about f_d speak for themselves. I also believe they disprove your statement completely.

Tesla

Archived