Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We just got back.. after spending 350$ LOL.

I got 2 boots and 1 pair of wedges/heels, my sister got a pair of boots and my mother went nuts on shoes.

Thanks for spreadin the word! :P

Yep - that amount seems about right :P Glad you, your sister, and mom got some shoes!

Sweet!! I'm thinking about going back tomorrow as well.. No classes so I just might!

I'm trying something new in adjusting actual training (not just cardio) to the early mornings. My schedule doesnt lend itself to night training and i want to really hone in on a tight schedule for studying by keeping myself at school to study instead of home.

We'll see. 4am is gonna suck tho. I should be in bed but football game is in OT right now haha

I'm trying something new in adjusting actual training (not just cardio) to the early mornings. My schedule doesnt lend itself to night training and i want to really hone in on a tight schedule for studying by keeping myself at school to study instead of home.

We'll see. 4am is gonna suck tho. I should be in bed but football game is in OT right now haha

I like doing weights in the morning (except the gym opens at 6:30). When I was still swimming I preferred doing the hard workouts at 6am rather than 4pm.. let's say I was the exception ;)

http://www.cbc.ca/news/health/story/2012/01/21/turkey-transplants.html

Turkey does 1st triple-limb transplant

Doctors in Antalya also performed face transplant

The Associated Press

Posted: Jan 21, 2012 10:34 AM ET

Last Updated: Jan 21, 2012 10:33 AM ET

A hospital in southern Turkey has performed the world's first triple limb transplant, attaching two arms and one leg to a 34-year-old man, an official said.

At the same time, a team of doctors at Akdeniz University Hospital, in the Mediterranean coastal city of Antalya, also transplanted the face of the same donor onto another patient — a 19-year-old man. It was Turkey's first face transplant.

"Today, we have put our signature on a world first," Dr. Israfil Kurtcephe, the university hospital's rector, told reporters Saturday after the two operations. "For the first time a hospital has transplanted two arms and a leg on one patient."

Dr. Omer Ozkan, who headed a 25-member team, said both patients were being cared for in the intensive care unit and were "doing well."

The full face transplant lasted some nine hours, while the limb transplants took 12 hours.

The state-run Anadolu news agency said Atilla Kavdir, the 34-year-old receiving the limbs, lost his arms and right leg when he was 11 after he hit power lines outside his home with an iron rod to scare away pigeons and received an electric shock.

The teenage face transplant recipient was burned in a house fire when he was a baby.

The limbs and face became available early on Saturday and the hospital began the operation at 3:15 a.m., Anadolu said.

The world's first double arm transplant was in Germany in 2008, while the first double leg transplant took place in Spain in July 2011.

More than a dozen face transplants have been carried out around the world, starting in November 2005 with a French woman who was mauled by her dog. The first face transplant in the U.S. was in December 2008.

© The Associated Press, 2012

1st "workout" today!! I managed to do some not-too-heavy controlled single-arm exercises with my right arm without using the left at all (not as easy as it sounds..), and 25 minutes of elliptical staying lower so there was less bouncing. I think next time I'll try a slow jog or the escalator instead though.

I just booked my physio appointments for next month.. with school I won't have any room to breathe until March break which can't come soon enough :/

On the other hand, with the exception of embryology and biostats, I love all my classes this term.

1st "workout" today!! I managed to do some not-too-heavy controlled single-arm exercises with my right arm without using the left at all (not as easy as it sounds..), and 25 minutes of elliptical staying lower so there was less bouncing. I think next time I'll try a slow jog or the escalator instead though.

I just booked my physio appointments for next month.. with school I won't have any room to breathe until March break which can't come soon enough :/

On the other hand, with the exception of embryology and biostats, I love all my classes this term.

Embryolovy blows chunks lol

Archived