Premed 101 Forums

What's everyone doing? (Vol II)

Jochi1543

• Replies 23.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm so excited about my life right now! And I don't know what to do with myself. :D Keep telling myself it's just a phase and it'll pass but I've been high wired for the past 6 hours... lol. I feel sorry for my supervisors. But I don't in a way.... :D :D

I've been feeling like that since the new year. I think there's ecstasy mixed in my food or something.

3 days later it feels like my arm is moving independently from my forearm. Such a strange feeling, but a definite improvement since Friday. I have an x-ray appointment tomorrow so I'm hoping for good news.

Sounds weird. Are you sure you're not just overly hopped-up on the codeine? :P

Just friggin great. Dryer broke argh

My dryer is being kind of weird these days too, and the other day it was so cold out that all the clothes froze inside it.

Going to the ER when I get a chance to have my carpal tunnel looked at.

Been avoiding this way too long.

That sounds like a good idea- yikes. :(

Can (brownie) points be redeemed for delicious brownies?

Frown while sticking out your tongue and yell PTOOEY! :D

Haha you both tie for 10 pts.

Good news, splint and no surg! But there's gonna be follow up.

Phew!

I can deal with that.

Had a great chat with the ER doc, she was great.

Hey mith, good to hear you don't need a cast, hey?

Bad news: another 7 weeks before I can lift again.

Good news: arm brace instead of a full cast, no surgery needed because of good alignment, don't need to sleep sitting up or reclined anymore, and can go back to school Monday.

Sounds like good news! No surgery is great, as is arm brace instead of cast and sleeping normally :) You'll see, 7 weeks will fly by.

Everyone is broken or injured these days! :(

Good luck C, hope every is okay! Speedy recovery to Michelle and Mith.

Thanks MM!

It's amazing how much muscle atrophy I already have after less than 2 weeks immobilized.. My post deltoid and infraspinatus are completely gone so the back of my shoulder is flat as a pancake. Huge asymmetry already between my good and bad sides.

EDIT - Great news C!

Thanks MM!

It's amazing how much muscle atrophy I already have after less than 2 weeks immobilized.. My post deltoid and infraspinatus are completely gone so the back of my shoulder is flat as a pancake. Huge asymmetry already between my good and bad sides.

I know your pain. Just keep chugging away and eventually you'll get back to being normal size! :)

I busted my right knee 2 XC seasons ago and was basically unable to do anything involving my lower body other than biking for 8 months (and gimping around on my good leg). After 6 months of trying to build back up, my right quad is still only about 2/3 of the size of my left. I'm trying to do a one legged squat on it every time I go down the stairs at home to speed things up. *sigh*

Archived