Premed 101 Forums

Grad student applicants

Guest Ollie

Hi,

I'm just wanting some info on the application requirements for grad students (I'm finding the UT website not super-informative). If I want to be considered as a grad student it need to:

submit a letter from my committee chair

and in addition I can:

submit reprints of articles

submit additional reference letters (?? has anyone done this, what did you do?)

submit proof of research productivity. I have a number of published abstracts and poster presentations. This will all be on the OMSAS application, so do I need to list it again for them?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Unless I'm mistaken, UofT does not give you a choice as to whether you will be considered as a graduate applicant or not. This information comes directly from the OMSAS application.

As to the information you can submit, yep, everything you have listed you have an opportunity to submit to UofT, as a graduate applicant.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Toonces

Hi Ollie.

Instead of using the U of T website, use the U of T description in the OMSAS booklet.

There's no harm in submitting a list of publications and presentations, as well as the publications themselves..in fact I believe I included a c.v. also..and I had two additional letters from members of my advisory committee. Their letters were pretty typical references...character references as well as happy descriptions of my performance in my M.Sc.

Guest UTMed07

Hi Ollie,

If things are like last year, I wouldn't worry about the grad stuff quite yet because it isn't due until sometime in January. Also, a letter arrived in mid-December that explained exactly what additional stuffs you can send.

submit reprints of articles

submit additional reference letters (?? has anyone done this, what did you do?)

submit proof of research productivity. I have a number of published abstracts and poster presentations. This will all be on the OMSAS application, so do I need to list it again for them?

reprints of articles - later (in January)

additional letters - I got two people to write additional stuff... supervisor wrote about the work I was doing for him. Another person wrote about a research project I had done in the past.

productivity - I think they want to see the goods... so they know it is real and can have a glance at it. The fact that your OMSAS app has some of the same info, in my opinion, doesn't matter.

Good Luck!

Archived