Premed 101 Forums

AMCAS Work/Activities

Just wondering what kind of descriptions we should be using...i.e. "resume style" (brief and to the point), or should we go into more detail about what we learnt from each experience?

Also, if there isn't enough space, is it ok to list some stuff under the same entry (for example awards) even though the start/end date will not match all of the activities listed in that entry?

Thanks for your help :) (I am a newbie to all of this AMCAS stuff hehe)

I remember these questions being answered really well by someone else in a past thread, but couldn't find the older post.

I'd say stick to resume-style with objective descriptions of activities. Re: combining activities, definitely a good idea. Especially if you've done a bunch of activities which are similar. I remember combining various athletic activities into one entry and artistic activities into another. Awards are another good thing to combine for sure.

I remember these questions being answered really well by someone else in a past thread, but couldn't find the older post.

I'd say stick to resume-style with objective descriptions of activities. Re: combining activities, definitely a good idea. Especially if you've done a bunch of activities which are similar. I remember combining various athletic activities into one entry and artistic activities into another. Awards are another good thing to combine for sure.

Thanks. In that case though, how do you properly cite the contact for each activity? I mean there is only space for one contact for each entry...Or do you just list the other contacts in the text of the entry?

Thanks!

Thanks. In that case though, how do you properly cite the contact for each activity? I mean there is only space for one contact for each entry...Or do you just list the other contacts in the text of the entry?

Thanks!

Just logged into AMCAS to see how I did it... and hmmm, apparently I didn't!!

Contact name/information wasn't a required field, so I only put it down for my discrete activities (like a job, or volunteer position). For my combined entries I left it blank -- I had dance for example at multiple studios, so one contact didn't make sense. Noone asked me where my contact was so they probably didn't notice :) It's not required like the verifiers for Canadian apps.

Maybe a non-slacker can answer your question better.

Just logged into AMCAS to see how I did it... and hmmm, apparently I didn't!!

Contact name/information wasn't a required field, so I only put it down for my discrete activities (like a job, or volunteer position). For my combined entries I left it blank -- I had dance for example at multiple studios, so one contact didn't make sense. Noone asked me where my contact was so they probably didn't notice :) It's not required like the verifiers for Canadian apps.

Maybe a non-slacker can answer your question better.

Haha no worries :) Nice to find a fellow dancer though! What kind of dancing do you do?

Archived