Premed 101 Forums

when do we get a student #?

Guest ssup

Guest ssup

hey guys....

i'm starting to fill outloan applications and realized that i don't have a student # yet at u of t!!!

do any of you other OOP students starting this sept. have a student # yet? how do we get one?

Guest CLYL

Hi ssup,

You're not alone. I'm in-province and I haven't gotten a student number either. I have a feeling that we won't get anything about registration until sometime in August. But if you need one soon, you should call the admissions office.

Guest cheech10

Surprisingly, if you applied to UofT for undergrad, you were given a student number then, and it will be the same one for meds (verified with a few of my classmates). Anyways, just call admissions; they've probably already got your number.

Guest Chieka

I left the student # section blank in my loan app, and had no problems with it. Have you tried to proceed without it?

C.

Out on a limb here, but is it just the same as your OMSAS application number? (I just remember that my U of T number was the same as my OUAC form number.)

Guest Chieka

QM6, I don't think it's the same, even though they put the OMSAS number on our acceptance letters. I think they'll give out new numbers for September.

C.

Guest Toonces

Definitely NOT the same.

It's a nine-digit #, the first two digits of which are the year you first enrolled in U of T (so for most people this year, it will be 03).

Gotcha, I stand corrected :) For some reason I just remember that when I was applying for undergrad way back my OUAC 105D form (or something like that) was stamped [98] 274 845 and my undergrad U of T acceptance had that same number as my student ID, plus an extra 0. Why I remember this I have no idea.

Guest peachy

Yeah, my old U of T student number was my OUAC number from high school as well ... it was actually really annoying because it meant that your student number wasn't anonymous at all (people from the same high school had #'s that corresponded to the alphabetical order of your last name), so other people could tell who you were when grades were posted by student number!

• 3 weeks later...
Guest kyouou

If you used to be a former UT student in undergrad, do you still get a new Student card that would say "faculty of Medicine" or something like that when we get into med. school? Or do you still use the one from undergrad?

Archived