Premed 101 Forums

SARS

Guest bkim20

Guest bkim20

hey guys,

has anyone heard how the SARS situation will affect the 1st year program if it continues to persist?

thanks,

Guest UTMed07

I don't have the impression there will be any significant changes. Things seem to be easing at the downtown teaching hospitals; this week is the first clinical staff don't have to wear masks in the hospital I've been helping-out at. The university has some info posted about SARS here. It doesn't mention anything about the long-term... no suggestion of changes for the incomings.

If you have some trouble viewing the above page, I'm pretty sure I know why... looking at the page source:

meta name="GENERATOR" content="Microsoft FrontPage 5.0"> :evil :eek

Guest dremk

though I am only applying to med. school this year I have been working as a SARS screener at North York General Hospital this summer. We were the last hospital to be at level 3 and have just started going back to our normal operation. While we don't have students back yet I don't imagine it will be much longer as we're starting to ramp up our services.

I don't think there will be a significant impact on anyone in first year though, especially if no other outbreaks occur. Its been a pretty long and tough summer for hospitals in this city but hopefully things are starting to look up:b

Archived