Premed 101 Forums

any waitlisters get called yet?

Guest CLYL

Hi guys,

I've noticed that most of the Ontario schools have already begun calling those on the waitlist but it seems as if UT hasn't been doing the same yet. Does anyone know what's going on? Is it just slow administration? :\

UTMed07,

Thanks for your support/encouragement. I just wish I could get off 1 of the 3 lists that I'm on this year! Congrats on your acceptance and I hope I can join you this fall!

I also have another question for anyone on this forum: does UT contact those on the wait list via phone or regular mail? (just so that I don't wait by the phone everyday.) Thanks!

Guest thesaug

I just heard a rumor, but I dont think its true. Is it possible to find your ranking on the UT waitlist? Im pretty sure you can't...could someone verify that?

Thanx

Guest UTMed07
I just heard a rumor, but I don't think its true. Is it possible to find your ranking on the UT waitlist? Im pretty sure you can't...could someone verify that?
That is some rumor. What is the source?

I was on the waitlist last year and they didn't tell me anything about ranking. I can't imagine it is different this year, unless something on this matter was specifically stated on the waitlist letter.

Besides, even if you knew what would it tell you? The information isn't that useful if you don't knowing how full the class is and how many people will be removed from the waitlist ('cause they get accepted elsewhere from a waitlist and choose to go there).

I know the waiting ain't a picnic... but just try to hang in there and do your best to focus on other things. You can't change the situation and it's out of your hands.

Best thing you can do is plan ahead assuming you'll come up empty. If you don't have another offer plan the next year; I didn't really do this last year and it made the dreaded thin letter (which finally came in mid-August) harder to swallow than it would have been otherwise.

I think UTMed07 has some great advice. I, too, waited until the end of August. It sucks. Although I wouldn't advice going 100% on the basis that you won't get in (because you never know. . .;) ) I agree that thinking about other plans is a good idea. Would you like to travel? Work? Volunteer? Go to school in something else? I know some people who also decided against re-applying.

Advice #2: Enjoy your summer. I know it may be hard to think of something other than med school and the awful wait, but it IS summer and the weather is beautiful. You may end up being cooped-up in MSB starting in September so get some sun now. . .

Good luck!

BJ

good news for those on the waitlist! i just received my offer in the mail today (it was dated June 17 though) and it says i have until the 27th to accept...but now i'm not sure what to do as Mac also gave me an offer off the waitlist yesterday!! oh boy...decision time!!

Congrats CLYL!

Mac and U of T are both awesome schools, and not really as different as you might think. Good luck in making your decision--I guess you will make a waitlister at Mac or U of T very happy soon after the 27th!

BJ

CLYL --

Congratulations! Did you choose Mac or U of T? I'm also on three waitlists this year -- just hoping one works out!

Was your U of T acceptance also postmarked on the 17th? Good luck everyone.

After much deliberation, i've decided to accept UT's offer...so 1 more spot will be available at Mac!! hopefully things will work out for you SMP!!

As for the postmark, it was actually kind of strange, because one stamp was dated May 29 (!?!) and the other i couldn't make out...so at first i thought it was just a mistake!! well, best of luck!! may you receive good news in the near future too!! :)

• 3 weeks later...
Guest thesaug

Does anyone from UofT here know if there is still any chance to get off the waitlist??? It seems that the list is not moving anymore...

Archived