Premed 101 Forums

Pre-MMI Scores Available (for 2009)

Hey Martin,

I've noted the IP cutoffs for the past few years, unfortunately I only have the OOP cutoffs for last year, and it barely changed.

Here are the IP cutoffs:

2006 (76.60) 125 seats

2007 (75.57) 135 seats

2008 (71.04) 150 seats

2009 (68.44) 180 seats

From 2006-2008 the total applicant pool varied from between 1400 and 1500, I have no idea what it is for this year.

It's interesting to see the dramatic decrease in cutoff as the class size has increased. I also suspect that the cutoff will go down slightly next year even if the seats remain at 180. I base this reasoning on the stable applicant pool. The applicant pool has not increased at the same rate as the number of seats. But I will need to see this years applicant totals to see if that's changed at all.

For fun I like to guess what the cutoff is every year (yes I have no life :D ) so my money is on 67.5 assuming no increase next year.

Thanks Vidhya. if your guess is right and all things been equal, i may land me an interview next yr then :) I'm very hopeful for next yr tho and i hope you are too.....

Cheers...

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey Martin,

I've noted the IP cutoffs for the past few years, unfortunately I only have the OOP cutoffs for last year, and it barely changed.

Here are the IP cutoffs:

2006 (76.60) 125 seats

2007 (75.57) 135 seats

2008 (71.04) 150 seats

2009 (68.44) 180 seats

From 2006-2008 the total applicant pool varied from between 1400 and 1500, I have no idea what it is for this year.

It's interesting to see the dramatic decrease in cutoff as the class size has increased. I also suspect that the cutoff will go down slightly next year even if the seats remain at 180. I base this reasoning on the stable applicant pool. The applicant pool has not increased at the same rate as the number of seats. But I will need to see this years applicant totals to see if that's changed at all.

For fun I like to guess what the cutoff is every year (yes I have no life :D ) so my money is on 67.5 assuming no increase next year.

Hey,

I didn't realize that Calgary was increasing their number of seats that much. From 125 to 180 is a pretty substantial increase.. What are their reasons for doing this? Higher demand for doctors?

I was under the impression for some reason that Alberta cut funding to their medical schools and medical research and even that UVA might be decreasing their number of seats?

Can anyone clarify this for me?

The dean said the other day in a meeting that they would not be increasing seats this year. They are hoping right now it will stay the same but the government gets to decide. Last year they didn't know how many seats there would be until May 11th. They said 155 for sure and anything else will be gravy...

Also, the 2010 stat was 170 seats and over 2000 applicants.

I think the funding cut only started last couple of years. That's why they cut the seat down from 180 in 2009 to 170 in 2010.

Hey,

I didn't realize that Calgary was increasing their number of seats that much. From 125 to 180 is a pretty substantial increase.. What are their reasons for doing this? Higher demand for doctors?

I was under the impression for some reason that Alberta cut funding to their medical schools and medical research and even that UVA might be decreasing their number of seats?

Can anyone clarify this for me?

The thread is from 2009 if you check the date of original post. I was freaking out when I first saw this post since I assumed the post was for this year.I dont think any school that their preMMI score out this early.

me too. i was scowering my file in an attempt to locate my pre-MMI score.

i wonder why someone re-activated such an old thread? especially when their is no news as of yet.

Archived