Premed 101 Forums

Does everyone who gets in have stats wayy above the cut offs?

Guest destiny_child

Guest destiny_child

From the posted stats it seems that everyone who got accepted has a gpa much higher than 3.75 and an MCAT VR score greater than 10 and WS score greater than Q. Are there any applicants (non-swomen) who got accepted with stats at or very close to the cut offs?

NO!!!

I don't want to post my stats publicly, but I had cutoffs barely making cutoffs in the mcat and GPA. I was soo worried about the same thing you are. I went to the interviews going for broke because I didn't think I had a chance. But I will say that my interview preparation was quite strong and the interviews went reasonably well.

Sorry for the rambling.. But yeah, it is definitely possible to overcome the deficiency with a strong interview!

Guest destiny_child

thank god, I almost suffered a minor heart attack looking at these stats, this is more satisfying to hear lol

these forums are super biased. I think those with great stats are more likely to post them, so take it with a grain of salt.

Yeah exactly, that is why I have always found those accepted/waitlisted/rejected threads somewhat useless really. People with high stats don't feel any concern about posting them, those with middle stats are less likely to. You don't see a lot of rejects from people with stats that particularly low either.

Oh well it is the internet, take everything with a grain of salt :)

Guest destiny_child

I don't have that option, since only my 4rth year makes the posted cut offs, so I will be doing a 5th year, but ofcourse that year gpa is only used to confirm the conditional offer if I'm blessed enough to get one that is lol. However, the problem is my 4rth year gpa only barely makes the gpa cut.

I don't have that option, since only my 4rth year makes the posted cut offs, so I will be doing a 5th year, but ofcourse that year gpa is only used to confirm the conditional offer if I'm blessed enough to get one that is lol. However, the problem is my 4rth year gpa only barely makes the gpa cut

(3.78) and my mcat score is only the bare minimum (10P/10V/11B Q).

Just to clear something up...If I was applying in my fourth year, would they only look at those years that I made the cutoff? Is my fourth year not counted at all since the marks are not even in at the time of application ( oct)?

Just to clear something up...If I was applying in my fourth year, would they only look at those years that I made the cutoff? Is my fourth year not counted at all since the marks are not even in at the time of application ( oct)?

Thats my understanding, as you say they don't have the marks.

Unless you need that 4th year to be over the cut off - ie conditional acceptance :)

Archived