Premed 101 Forums

Commuting at Early Hours to Downtown

Guest UofT Student

Guest UofT Student

Hey guys,

For those of you who live in one of the suburbs of the GTA (e.g. North York or Scarborough) and are in clerkship, how easy do you find it to commute to med school or one of the downtown hospitals, especially for activites starting at 6 AM?

As I'm still an undergrad student, the earliest classes I've had have been at 9 AM. It took about an hour to get downtown for these classes. But for activities starting at 6 AM, is it even possible to reach downtown in time? I think the subway starts running only at 6 AM, so what have you guys done to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Hey, I'm in undergrad too but I sometimes have to head down there pretty early from NY and you're right, the subways start up around 6 AM.

The only TTC option is to take southbound bus on Yonge or Bathurst, but these don't come around too often. I guess a cab's also an option, but not a financially effective one.

I'm glad I don't do the early bird commute too often :D

there is stuff starting at 6am? geezzz.. I'm gonna have some real problems adjusting--especially since I'm in Thornhill. I'm used to waking up for 10:00am classes at York, and I live like 10 minutes away from it. Now.. its just going to be hell :evil !

Archived