Premed 101 Forums

Welcome new moderators!

Guest Ian Wong

Guest Ian Wong

I'd just like to welcome Toonces (formerly multifish), Namgalsip, Biochem10, bj, batman, Chieka, and UTMed07 (formerly medwant2b) as our newest U of T moderators, all of whom will be starting Med 1 at Toronto this fall. Thanks for joining up!

Ian

Guest therealcrackers

Congratulations to you all on your acceptances at U of T. We hope to see you at the OMSW in Kingston (?) the last weekend of November, and at FSS in Sherbrooke the second weekend in January. AS far as the spirit goes, hmmm.... get a few more teams together for FSS and then we'll talk spirit. ;) Have a great year!

With so much school spirit, who wouldn't want to come to U of T?!!

(Just kidding guys--all med schools are awesome, but the one you go to is always the best!:D )

BJ

Guest lcloh

I totally agree. And if you can tell your trivia team to show up at 9am after the hard-core drinking party the night before (I know all 4 members of Western's team did.... 1 member of UT showed up, so we won by default! :P) then that would be good. Teach yourselves to party hard and show up for 8am class! :)

hehehehe... I'm sure the new batch of OT7 will have no problems doing just that - at least from what I see... :)

Guest UWOMED2005

Yeah, unfortunately don't expect crackers or myself there (though I can't speak for crackers.) We're both starting clerkship, and both are preclerkship affairs - but they're both your best chance to meet med students from other schools in Upper Canada (aka Ontario.)

Guest Lakers4life

OMSW was in Toronto last year, a huge success and very well done by our committee...anyone know where it is this year?

Both these events are super fun, but sadly their isn't quite that 'inter-meds' thing going on and you often just end up chilling with your own class and some friends you knew from undergrad, etc. But still, it is cool to play against the other school....we lost hockey in the finals last year on a damn shootout to Laval...oh well, I guess that makes us the real Team Canada, lol.

Guest medicator007

Lakers4Life,

I refereed your heartbreaking shootout loss to Laval at MedGames this past January. Personally hockey has no business being settled one-on-one; but those are the rules.

Hope to see you all in Sherbrooke!

Medicator

Archived