Premed 101 Forums

fencing

Guest Mephistopheles03

Guest Mephistopheles03

hi, does u of t meds currently have a fencing team / club? if not, can a 1st year just start one for fun? i've never tried the sport but i think it would be a nifty way to get some exercise / down-time once the craziness that is med school begins.

would any of you guys be interested?

Guest cheech10

I don't think there is one, but you can definitely start one. The Medical Society (our student council) provides a lot of funding for clubs to start up and keep running.

Guest UTMed07

U of T has a fencing club; I found a web page ... dunno how active it is though. I've been at U of T a while and it seems that almost everything is available here. I think it is one of the advantages U of T has... and I reckon it comes from that fact that it is a large and wealthy university in a very large and culturally diverse city.

Guest kslee

My best friend used to compete with the UofT fencing team at the varsity level, and I believe it is still very active - the guy on the website, eric, is a friend of mine who was also an active member of the team. I think he helps out with the coaching now.

You should try to contact them - there should be a name and number/email and I think they are always eager for new members.

good luck!

Archived