Premed 101 Forums

Applying Again

Guest Meds2003

Guest Meds2003

Hey there! I am also waitlisted by U of T and I have a question for those of you that applied more than once to U of T and have gotten accepted. Did you guys use the same essay when applying again (assuming you felt you had a strong essay)? I didn't feel that great after my interview so I'm thinking that's what hurt me. I feel like I wrote a pretty good essay and had decent letters of reference since I was interviewed even though I had an mcat score which was less than 9 in one section. Thanks in advance!

Hi Meds2003,

Congrats on making it to the waitlist! You have beat out 1400 (or so) people to make it this far!

As for reapplying, I made it onto the waitlist for U of T last year and stayed on until the end of August. Yuck. (But I got in this year! Yippee!)

Sorry, still a little distracted ;) . I thought my essay was good but the interview needed some work. So I used the same essay, just revamped and revised to add in the changes that had happened in my life in the past year. It seemed to have worked, since I got an interview the second year.

Good luck in your second application, if it comes to that. I still think your chances of getting in off the waitlist are pretty good. . .:D

BJ

Guest me maniac

bj,

Way to go! I knew you would do it!!!! I think U of T was your first choice, right? Is that where your hubby goes?

Once again, congrats!

me

Hi me,

Thanks so much!! You are very sweet. I am just so happy to have gotten in, especially since I get to stay with my hubby next year. No looking for a new apartment, and no bittersweet feelings about doing meds but leaving my family (hubby and kitty) behind. I am just so relieved!

Thanks again for your good wishes. How have your interviews worked out? Is it between Calgary and UBC?

BJ

Guest me maniac

bj,

I was accepted at UBC and waitlisted at Calgary. I am hoping to get into Calgary before next Friday (ha, ha, wishful thinking! :D ) because I have to send in my deposit/acceptance to UBC by then...

I'm so happy for you!

me

Archived