Premed 101 Forums

UBC or UT?

Guest kit115

Guest kit115

Dear all,

First time user here although I've been reading silently for the longest time! 8o

I was hoping someone can offer me insight as to whether to pick UBC or UT to attend this fall. I'm going nuts just trying to decide where to spend the next 4 years of study! :o

Personally, I live in Vancouver so it is cheaper stay close to home (although I do plan on moving out). UBC has a solid program and I liked the school there. I am interested in Toronto's big city life and feel that maybe the exposure can aid my future career? Of course UT has a good program, but it is so expensive.... is it worth the move?

Any comments will help. My head is rolling around already...

:rollin

Guest Ian Wong

Hi there,

Since there's an exact duplicate of this thread in the UBC forum, I'm going to close this one and shunt further discussion there (that thread's already got a couple replies). Otherwise, things get messy when people start replying to both threads; I understand why you posted twice, but please only post one copy in one forum. :) Thanks!

The duplicate thread can be found here:

pub125.ezboard.com/fpremed101frm14.showMessage?topicID=395.topic

Both med schools are solid programs, and you can get into any number of specialties through either school. U of T has more money as far as research dollars go, but if you want to do research, it isn't as though Vancouver is a slouch in this area. I guess the bottom line is where do you see yourself happiest in terms of living?

Ian

Archived