Premed 101 Forums

summer courses

Hey guys,

I have a question about taking summer courses. I've tried to find information through looking at the med school's websites and searching the forum, but could not find anything satisfactory.

I am planning to take a few prerequisites during summer. I heard some schools do not accept summer school courses as prerequisites. Could you guys tell me which schools don't accept summer school courses, please?

Also, I asked Mac about taking summer courses. They said that if I take them at Mac, those courses will be in my mac transcript, counting towards gpa. But, from what I know, summer courses usually are not included in the calculation of gpa. Could anyone clarify this?

Thanks a lot!

US schools consider all courses taken even during summers. but whether or not you can take prerequisites during the summer i'm not sure.. but i think it should not be a problem as you hear people wanting to take courses online or as pass/fail.. so it should be okay to take them in the summer.

Hey guys,

I have a question about taking summer courses. I've tried to find information through looking at the med school's websites and searching the forum, but could not find anything satisfactory.

I am planning to take a few prerequisites during summer. I heard some schools do not accept summer school courses as prerequisites. Could you guys tell me which schools don't accept summer school courses, please?

Also, I asked Mac about taking summer courses. They said that if I take them at Mac, those courses will be in my mac transcript, counting towards gpa. But, from what I know, summer courses usually are not included in the calculation of gpa. Could anyone clarify this?

Thanks a lot!

Yeah, if you do take it at Mac during summer the course gpa will be added to your cumulative gpa calculation. however, it will not be counted towards your sessional gpa calculation (which is used to determine what programs you are eligible for the second year)

Yeah, if you do take it at Mac during summer the course gpa will be added to your cumulative gpa calculation. however, it will not be counted towards your sessional gpa calculation (which is used to determine what programs you are eligible for the second year)

So it will be included in the gpa that im using for med school?

(I just don't want English to affect my gpa lol)

Archived