Premed 101 Forums

Mac Laptop bonus

Hello all, Thought I would post that Mac is having a promotion which started today. Buy any laptop and get a free i pod touch. I was pleasantly surprised when I went to the cash and they gave me the touch. You do have to pay upfront then mail in a rebate but hey it is still a sweet deal ...free...

Ya, if you like Macbooks and need an iTouch its a sweet deal for sure...it makes the Macbook very well priced (approx. $850). However, if you don't need the iTouch $1100 is a steep price for a laptop with those specs...even if it is made of better quality materials and is less likely to crash.

This maybe, just maybe, makes getting a Mac a good good choice.

Any other week I could get a way WAY better computer for the same price.

But all to your own… If paying an extra $500 is worth a white shiny piece of plastic with an fruit on it then by all means don’t let me stop you. ;)

My laptop is not white plastic......silver, shiny..and glorious. And I do believe it is worth paying the extra money. My last Mac laptop lasted me 7 years and it was the best computer ever. I never had any problems with it at all. From what I hear this is not so true of other laptops?

My laptop is not white plastic......silver, shiny..and glorious. And I do believe it is worth paying the extra money. My last Mac laptop lasted me 7 years and it was the best computer ever. I never had any problems with it at all. From what I hear this is not so true of other laptops?

Depends on how you take care of them. I've had two Dells and an IBM which blew their system boards after a little over two years. That's not unusual, though, especially on older machines.

Went mac in 2004... and don't have plans on going back...

Almost completely hassle-free and unbelievably user-friendly, it is on the pricey side but worth every cent in my opinion.

Especially when you can buy a mac book at the refurbished mac store for $850, it behaves as if it were new... and comes with one year warranty...

This maybe, just maybe, makes getting a Mac a good good choice.

Any other week I could get a way WAY better computer for the same price.

But all to your own… If paying an extra $500 is worth a white shiny piece of plastic with an fruit on it then by all means don’t let me stop you. ;)

You forgot to mention that paying extra $500 will also get you a sh*tty operating system that is made for people who can't use regular windows.

I have to say, I bought a Mac and it is the best computer EVER!! I was so tired of windows with all the viruses, crashes, and general day to day headaches. I've been now using a Mac for 1.5 years and it has had ZERO problems. They are more expensive but it is SO WORTH IT!! The iLife software that comes with it such as iMovie (for movie editing), iWeb (for making web pages), and iDVD (for making DVDs) is so user-friendly and I find far superior to any other software from competitors.

Moral of the story: once you go Mac, you never go back!!!!

Archived