Premed 101 Forums

2 full year courses in life sciences

Guest Chowchilla

Guest Chowchilla

UofT meds requires 2 full year courses in life sci...and for my 2nd life sci course, I have a choice of botany, zoology, and biology.

After having a really @#%$ first year, I want to take it a little easy 2nd year, and was wondering, which is the most enjoyable course of all three? Also, which one's easier (less workload/lab work, etc.)?

Thanks.

Guest aneliz

Botany may be the 'easiest' (not sure on this one though!) but it can also be the one that is hardest to nail down your butt and study in too (if you are primarily interested in 'medical sciences' a whole semester of plants can be torture!)...I don't know about you, but for me, I would much rather take a course that might be a little harder but I am interested in than an 'easy' course that I can't stand.

Guest Mephistopheles03

for me, i tend to do the best in courses that i am really interested in...that aside, i can safely say that "plants" will have LOTS of memorization (so if you're good at that, maybe it's for you), "biology" will probably stress global concepts more (plus some of it might be helpful for the mcat); as for zoology, my friend (who's a major in art history) both enjoyed the course and found the workload totally manageable.

hope this helps :)

Archived