Premed 101 Forums

Immunization...

Okay so I'm looking at this immunization form and I have no idea what to do with it.. I've been in Ontario for the last 10 years (started undergrad here) and I have never gotten an ontario health card. Do I need one in order to get someone to fill this form out? I used to live in another province before I went to undergrad here and it's been 6 years since I've lost my health card from that province so I have no idea what my health card # and stuff like that is. I've never had a personal doctor (I think I've been to dropins like 2 times my whole life).

This is so confusing to me:confused:

Okay so I'm looking at this immunization form and I have no idea what to do with it.. I've been in Ontario for the last 10 years (started undergrad here) and I have never gotten an ontario health card. Do I need one in order to get someone to fill this form out? I used to live in another province before I went to undergrad here and it's been 6 years since I've lost my health card from that province so I have no idea what my health card # and stuff like that is. I've never had a personal doctor (I think I've been to dropins like 2 times my whole life).

This is so confusing to me:confused:

Well...I recommend you to get a health card immediately. Go to a family doctor, get him/her to give you a blood test, and he/she can fill out the immunization form.

Lots of people don't get their immunizations finished until well into first year, although I suppose you're supposed to do it beforehand. Just to let you know that you don't have to worry too much, and there's no particular rush. :)

That said, you should seriously have a health card! Never mind the immunizations, you never know when you'll need it for something and it'll be a pain to deal with it then.

Go to one of the service ontario places with a proof of citizenship (i.e. passport or birth certificate), a photo id (i.e. driver's license) and proof of signature (i.e. credit card) - u need three IDs total. Fill out a bunch of forms and you should get a new one. The closest Service Ontario location to MSB is 777 Bay Street (College Park) - go down the escalator and it is beside Dollarama. I just went through this to get the new photo id card b/c i still had the old red/white one which broke down the magnetic stripe. When you walk in through the door, go to the reception on the left not the one on the right (like i did). If you go around 2 or so, you should be able to get in and out in like 1/2 hr but around noon, be prepared to wait over an hour.

Archived