Premed 101 Forums

gpa

Guest tappety tap

Guest tappety tap

To the U of T moderators...

Do you guys know of any classmates in the gpa range of 3.6-3.7?? I'm around there and thought I had no chance but applied anyways. If I have outstanding EC and letters of ref etc...do you think there is a chance?

Guest Chieka

I know I'm not a U of T med student, but I'll give you my two cents anyhow, if you don't mind. :)

I thought I had no chance at U of T too - I figured the 3.6 minimum GPA that they required was in no way indicative of the students they actually accepted, especially the average GPA of the first year class is 3.84.

Then I got an invititation for an interview, and things changed. I think U of T places a considerable amount of weight on the autobiographical sketch. It is not merely a numbers game.

So, I think you have a chance, especially if you wrote a strong essay showing why your outstanding ECs are outstanding and why you'd make an excellent doctor.

Best.

C.

Guest tappety tap

Hey Thanks so much for your input. If you don;t mind me asking....what is your gpa? I don't get the privelege of the weighting system so I'm stuck at 3.66

Archived