Premed 101 Forums

Am i SOL?????

Guest ramoray

Guest ramoray

hey guys, i am in the US, i submitted my omsas on the last day and i did verify that toronto has it and my applicaiton was complete. I have heard nothing as far as an interview there.. is it over for me now? i thought i had a solid chance, i am candian by the way living in the US. Should i call them up???

Guest cheech10

Don't worry yet. You're probably in the last randomly-assigned batch to be processed. The fact that you haven't gotten a rejection letter yet means that you're still being considered; they just haven't gotten to your application yet.

Guest Valani9

I dunno; maybe it is worth calling at this point.

If the last weekend available is april 11-13, then shouldn't we know - one way or the other - by now?

Guest Guess whoz Bizzak

It's not uncommon for them to only give you 2 weeks notice for an interview, so don't start sweating too much as yet. I live in TO and have not yet heard myself. Best of luck!!

~JZ

Guest ramoray

thanks guys, ya i finally gave in and called today and hte lady told me my file hasnt been reviewed yet as with many others. Also if you live in the US youll get an email notification for an interview due to crappy US mail! so my hope is still alive!

Just wanted to add some clarification. I have an invite for April 13th BUT the email said that it was only scheduled for that weekend because of the cancellation on MARCH 30th. Which means that I think we were in the tail-end (or at least I was) of the March 30th weekend invites. So please don't worry if you haven 't heard yet. I had an interview on the last weekend last year and didn't hear until a couple weeks beforehand (after my final exams were over, in fact).

Good luck!

;)

BJ

Archived