Premed 101 Forums

UofM & UofS & UofA Acceptances and Applications

Oh man..

My status changed but still no e-mail.

Could this mean I am out?

to those who accepted,

when did you guys get your e-mail?

Unfortunately it means you probably weren't accepted, but you may have been waitlisted. I had to go through the same thing last year when I didn't get in because I bombed the interview, and it really sucks not knowing for sure where you are at. I don't know why U of S doesn't just send all the emails at the same time, but I intend to talk to them about it, because it's torture for the applicants.

I was accepted IP

2 year average 97.5

AA 22

PAT 25

RC 27

Carving 26

Wife was also accepted IP, I'll let her post her stats if she wants to. We both got into medicine as well, and we're leaning towards that, so two IP spots might be clearing up soon on the waitlist for those of you who get the waitlist letter in the next week or two.

Congrats to all who got in, and for those who didn't good luck applying next year.

Unfortunately it means you probably weren't accepted, but you may have been waitlisted. I had to go through the same thing last year when I didn't get in because I bombed the interview, and it really sucks not knowing for sure where you are at. I don't know why U of S doesn't just send all the emails at the same time, but I intend to talk to them about it, because it's torture for the applicants.

I was accepted IP

2 year average 97.5

AA 22

PAT 25

RC 27

Carving 26

Wife was also accepted IP, I'll let her post her stats if she wants to. We both got into medicine as well, and we're leaning towards that, so two IP spots might be clearing up soon on the waitlist for those of you who get the waitlist letter in the next week or two.

Congrats to all who got in, and for those who didn't good luck applying next year.

A 97.5 average? Wow, just wow....

Good luck to you and your wife whatever you guys decide to pursue.

Congratulations to all the new Dents, great to see hardwork and effort plentifully rewarded!

I'm writing this post on behalf of my friend (IP status) who is on the UofS waitlist.

The office informed them that they are "at the top of the waitlist" and added that waitlist movement is quite variable. The office is reticent to reveal anything more.

In practical terms (I know it's difficult to say things with any certainty) what does this mean? Does my friend have a realistic chance of admission? Thanks in advance!

My wife and I both got into dent and med at U of S. We're not sure yet which we will choose, but we have to decide by Friday so I will keep you updated. If we both choose med then two IP spots will be clearing up for dent.

My wife and I both got into dent and med at U of S. We're not sure yet which we will choose, but we have to decide by Friday so I will keep you updated. If we both choose med then two IP spots will be clearing up for dent.

We both decided to do dentistry. At the end of the day the better lifestyle and ability to start a family sooner won out. Looking forward to seeing all those who got in this fall. Best of luck to your friend and everyone else on the waitlist.

A friend of mine was placed on the U of A alternate list and he thinks he has a good chance of getting in even though he doesn't know where he is ranked in the list. How many people are generally on the U of A alternate list and how many of them usually even get in?

U of A sent out offers?

Archived