Premed 101 Forums

Pharmacists

Hi

So heres my story... I did 3 years of an undergrad science program and I did poorly, so I managed to get in a pharmacy school overseas using my high school grades and now I doing really well ( because I working really hard and Im way more responsible), my GPA is 3.6...and the school is definitely accredited in canada so Im able to do the board exams, my question is...if i wanted to apply to med school, how would they look at my grades and what are my chances of getting accepted considering that Im from a foreign (but yet professional)school?

I believe Pharmacy is considered a professional school so you won't be able to use your Pharmacy GPA for med school.

True, but it's also considered an undergraduate degree (BScPharm, if I'm remembering correctly). Check with the med school(s) you want to apply to, to see how they'll classify it.

I think it is considered as a bachelor degree because I looked at the stats from the previous entering classes and I found a few from pharmacy that got accepted...but my question was... as a FOREIGN trained canadian student in general, what are the chances compared to those who applied from canadian schools? and also would they consider the fact that Im in a pretty tough program?

Archived