Premed 101 Forums

If your released mcat score date is past due date of application...

peapod

If your released mcat score date is past due date of application... would they still accept it?

Say I write it on Sep 10th, the tentative release date is oct 30th, but they always release late, UofA's MCAT deadline is Nov 1, UofT is Oct 15!

will they still keep my application...?

I think the OMSAS website discusses this, and as far as non-OMSAS schools, check their FAQ pages and if this question is not addressed, contact the admissions offices directly. And save their response if they say they'll take your scores (just in case they claim they never said that later).

ahh thanks for the info, good thing they are understanding. for anyone else wondering, OMSAS quote: "Applicants will not be penalized in the event that MCAT scores are released after the expected October 15 release date; however, applicants must release their scores as soon as they are made available. The medical schools reserve the right to disqualify an applicant if they do not receive the applicant's MCAT scores."

So does anyone else know if this is also the case for U of A OR U of Calgary? Their website don't say anything like it, U of C's applicant manual just says "everything must be received by oct. 15th", for U of A "deadline is nov. 1st"....

Archived