Premed 101 Forums

UofA Waitlist 2009

Hey just wanted to get something started for all the people on the alternate list. Just wondering who got waitlisted and if your declining a spot please post =) It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Congrats to all who got in and good luck to all waiting!

Some information to pass on, admissions has told me they will notify us by phone if there is movement. Also, I've heard there are only 2-5 people on the waitlist but I'm pretty sure there are more.

so far just on this forum alone there's 4 guys waitlisted IP and 1 OOP so I'm sure there's more than just us haha.

Also im pretty sure they wont send out anything til sometime after july 10th since thats the deadline for everyone to accept/decline their spots

so far just on this forum alone there's 4 guys waitlisted IP and 1 OOP so I'm sure there's more than just us haha.

Also im pretty sure they wont send out anything til sometime after july 10th since thats the deadline for everyone to accept/decline their spots

My guess is that on July 13th (Monday) some of the lucky waitlisters would be given a seat since the deadline is on the Friday July 10th? So if you don't hear by Monday, the chances are veryy veryyy slim I'm guessing.

How does everyone else think?

My guess is that on July 13th (Monday) some of the lucky waitlisters would be given a seat since the deadline is on the Friday July 10th? So if you don't hear by Monday, the chances are veryy veryyy slim I'm guessing.

How does everyone else think?

I know several people in recent years who have been admitted off of the wait list. I think your assumption regarding the deadline for those having already received acceptance is correct. Seeing as how the deadline for medical testing (HIV, Hep C) is August 4th, they're probably going to want the wait list to move up and fill those positions ASAP.

okay, i'm calling this right now because im hardcore

saturday july 11th they're gonna meet, all the people who declined spots or didnt mail their forms back in time will be put in the garbage can and umm.. three waitlist people will be contacted. Then sometime in August (i'm guessing august 18th just because) 2 more people (including myself) will be contacted due to two more people declining spots (one because of a late med school acceptance and the other because he has hepatitis C).

That's how it's gonna go down.

PS I talked to someone in DS right now and he told me a few of his classmates found out middle of august last year. So basically its gonna be a nerve wracking couple of months for those of us waitlisted :)

PS I want a prize if im right

saturday july 11th they're gonna meet, all the people who declined spots or didnt mail their forms back in time will be put in the garbage can and umm.. three waitlist people will be contacted. Then sometime in August (i'm guessing august 18th just because) 2 more people (including myself) will be contacted due to two more people declining spots (one because of a late med school acceptance and the other because he has hepatitis C).

PS I talked to someone in DS right now and he told me a few of his classmates found out middle of august last year. So basically its gonna be a nerve wracking couple of months for those of us waitlisted :)

Hahaha I hope you are right Sama. You would definitely deserve a prize if you called that out. Good call on someone not getting in due to Hepatitis C. Definitely underrated haha.

Um not to burst your bubble.. I'm currently on the waitlist too and the chances of getting off of this list aren't very good. First off, since the UofA is pretty much the last school in north america to send out acceptances, its really a lot of people's last chance to get into dent school and the turnover rate for declining acceptances is no where near the US schools... Also, a school like the UofA which has 34 spots open will have at least half the class or 17 spots on the waitlist, meaning unless your on the top 5 on this list its tough to get in (I know quite a few people in multiple years and they haven't pulled more then 5 off this list). I've had a friend waitlisted 2 consecutive years in a row without a call. Not to say none of you will get a call before september, just cross your fingers and hope your towards the front of the list!

Um not to burst your bubble.. I'm currently on the waitlist too and the chances of getting off of this list aren't very good. First off, since the UofA is pretty much the last school in north america to send out acceptances, its really a lot of people's last chance to get into dent school and the turnover rate for declining acceptances is no where near the US schools... Also, a school like the UofA which has 34 spots open will have at least half the class or 17 spots on the waitlist, meaning unless your on the top 5 on this list its tough to get in (I know quite a few people in multiple years and they haven't pulled more then 5 off this list). I've had a friend waitlisted 2 consecutive years in a row without a call. Not to say none of you will get a call before september, just cross your fingers and hope your towards the front of the list!

Well, my post was a joke, and I realize that the chances are small for waitlisted people, so no bubbles were ruptured.

The fact is that there IS a waitlist meaning there IS still a chance for the people on it. No one has any information other than that so we all have to wait and see what happens :)

And I've already registered for this upcoming school year so its not like I'm banking my life on this waitlist

Archived