Premed 101 Forums

md/phd info

Guest peachy

Hi all,

Has anyone who applied to the md/phd program at toronto gotten any information from them? Or, for those who applied in the past, should we expect any information?

When I emailed them way back in October before the applications were due, they said that they'd send out more information once applications were in. There's just sooo little information on the web about the program at all!

peachy :)

Guest Biochem10

Hi peachy, I didn't get a confirmation in the mail yet, but I did get an e-mail to tell me that one of my references was missing, so if you haven't heard anything that's probably a good sign. My guess is that they're waiting to get all the files completed before sending a confirmation. Hopefully they'll be sending something out before the holidays. Unfortunately, I don't think they can start assessing applicants until U of T gets the med applications from OMSAS, they are also still updating their files. By the way, did you get a verification report from OMSAS yet?? I haven't, but I imagine I'll have to check things over before they send my application to U of T. Still lots of more waiting to go. I'd be curious to see how many people have applied for this program this year.

I think I got a confirmation from OMSAS, but it was a while ago, so it could have been something else I got in the mail from them. In any case, you can check the online verification thingy, I would assume that that's the most reliable. The only things to verify are mcats, transcripts, and references, anyways, right?

I would also be very curious to find out how many people applied!! I have absolutely no sense of how competitive the application process is, or what they are looking for. All I know is that it is far and away my first choice for where I want to be come next September. :)

Guest med2006McGill

Hi peachy,

I think I got an email from the MD/PhD office last year in Dec/Jan, confirming that they've received my application. The email will also outline the MD/PhD application process a bit.

Archived