Premed 101 Forums

GPA's in uni.

I hate to say it, but I think this guy might be trolling. Low post count, and the fact that this is the second time in the past few days he's posted a thread like this are all hints. Also, it's a topic that usually get a rise out of PM101 (the whole 'marks in high school' bit). A few things in his first thread made me skeptical, but I refrained from a callout.

DFTT.

University or even cegep/college is way harder than high school. I am in Quebec, but some lazy people in high school were great in cegep because they work very hard and some people with high marks in high school are not good in cegep or university. But you will have to work harder after high school or you will never have high GPA.

And you can't say that 4.0 need 100% in evreything. gpa is different from place to place, but it works with letters converted to GPA. A 95% can give A+ wich gives 4.0 for example.

I hate to say it, but I think this guy might be trolling. Low post count, and the fact that this is the second time in the past few days he's posted a thread like this are all hints. Also, it's a topic that usually get a rise out of PM101 (the whole 'marks in high school' bit). A few things in his first thread made me skeptical, but I refrained from a callout.

DFTT.

what do you mean :S? Im just very nervous.

what do you mean :S? Im just very nervous.

Don't be. Some of the dumber people I've met were doing a UG at my school. And High School isn't necessarily easier or harder than Uni... it's just different. You're way off the mark about asking 'how often is homework assigned' in your other thread about this topic. This isn't really how it works. Most of your first year classes will ONLY have 2 midterms and a final, with no assignments, so you work when you want to (and as hard as you'd like). Clearly how hard you work will define what grades you get, but the amount of effort varies from person to person. Also, most of your first year profs will see you as a naive pre-med (btw, they're right. Everyone has to play the game a bit to figure it out, myself included), and generally won't give a phuck about you.

So, you can dlck around as much as you want. You won't even fail out if you do this! In fact, if you're smart and do this, you might be able to snag a 3.3, but the big difference is that the onus is on you to man up, and put in the work.

Im def. prepared to work hard, im self diciplined. What I dont know is if I can actually pull it off. I mean im in U of T and people keep telling me its hell---that puts no comfort into my heart, on top of that im in courses which I really wish i didn't need such as calculus and physics. I love bio and chem but those two are math ridden and im horrible. The last thing on my mind is at my orientation they said A students do more than what the prof asks, they reasearch on their own and get journals and new studies and thats the only way to make a high grade.

Don't be. Some of the dumber people I've met were doing a UG at my school. And High School isn't necessarily easier or harder than Uni... it's just different. You're way off the mark about asking 'how often is homework assigned' in your other thread about this topic. This isn't really how it works. Most of your first year classes will ONLY have 2 midterms and a final, with no assignments, so you work when you want to (and as hard as you'd like). Clearly how hard you work will define what grades you get, but the amount of effort varies from person to person. Also, most of your first year profs will see you as a naive pre-med (btw, they're right. Everyone has to play the game a bit to figure it out, myself included), and generally won't give a phuck about you.

So, you can dlck around as much as you want. You won't even fail out if you do this! In fact, if you're smart and do this, you might be able to snag a 3.3, but the big difference is that the onus is on you to man up, and put in the work.

You are creating far too many new threads - and in such a short period of time! This is highly unusual for someone who just became a member, relax, get on with your life and watch. You have a long road ahead and you are not going to get all your answers to life's questions within 48 hours. I say this in good faith for your benefit anf the benefit of this forum.

I believe you are getting on people's nerves and pushing their patience. Please calm down and remain a welcome member.

WTF, 4 threads in the top 6! Just read for some hours big topics and after ask specific questions please. If every person that found this forum made 4 threads in 1 week, nobody would be here to answer the questions. And yes, UofT is knmown as hell, because they lower the grade. Take the «bad» university that looks as UQAM is for Montreal.

WTF, 4 threads in the top 6! Just read for some hours big topics and after ask specific questions please. If every person that found this forum made 4 threads in 1 week, nobody would be here to answer the questions. And yes, UofT is knmown as hell, because they lower the grade. Take the «bad» university that looks as UQAM is for Montreal.

Ramster joined the forum on July 4, 2009 and within one day created the following new threads:

1. Lost, Confused, In need of any help

2. Dentistry

3. Employment as a Dentist

4. Are Doctors Overworked?

5. GPA’s in uni

This probably has broken a record. Are there others who can match this accomplishment. If so, please step up and receive your reward. There is no guarantee you will like your reward!

The problem is there may be another 5 new threads every 24 hours. Any guesses as to titles?:confused::(:mad:

And then this forum will definitely need to be shut down!

DFTT.

Just to reiterate...

You are creating far too many new threads - and in such a short period of time! This is highly unusual for someone who just became a member, relax, get on with your life and watch. You have a long road ahead and you are not going to get all your answers to life's questions within 48 hours. I say this in good faith for your benefit anf the benefit of this forum.

I believe you are getting on people's nerves and pushing their patience. Please calm down and remain a welcome member.

you're way too funny. It's sad to be angry at someone (not referring to you but I'm referring to your statement that ramster's posts get on pple's nerves).

Cheers

As a general rule, 70% of your posts get on my nerves and push my patience. the other 30% I don't read.

edit: my point being, you are not guilt-free of spamming useless posts, so you shouldn't have a double standard for others

lol @ the posts above....bt just to ease ur mind Ramster, im a UofT student too nd quite frankly those who hit the 80%+ averages aren't ALWAYS those who go out of their way nd research unassigned materials. In a nutshell, what u need to succeed is strategy: understand what ur course requires; the important stuff that u need to focus on nd practice past tests/exams. There was an entire thread about these things started by savica. check it.:D

As a general rule, 70% of your posts get on my nerves and push my patience. the other 30% I don't read.

edit: my point being, you are not guilt-free of spamming useless posts, so you shouldn't have a double standard for others

I hope this falls in the 30%:rolleyes:

Hey, I am always willing to listen

Im def. prepared to work hard, im self diciplined. What I dont know is if I can actually pull it off. I mean im in U of T and people keep telling me its hell---that puts no comfort into my heart, on top of that im in courses which I really wish i didn't need such as calculus and physics. I love bio and chem but those two are math ridden and im horrible. The last thing on my mind is at my orientation they said A students do more than what the prof asks, they reasearch on their own and get journals and new studies and thats the only way to make a high grade.

Hi, I just finished my first year at UofT and I too was intimidated at first so I came here to give you some advice. But first things first... have a little more faith in yourself, attitude makes a huge difference in your success.

Second of all... who the hell told you that in orientation!? That's pretty much BS. For example, my friends, who would do things like go to tutorials that I knew were useless, would often end up with lower marks than I did. This is because they waste their time doing things that they think will make a difference but in the end, they don't.

What my advice for you is, when you get into university, become familiar with your prof's testing style. Look at his/her past tests... pay attention to whether it tests you on things like names, random statistics, or concepts, etc. Then do your required readings and truly UNDERSTAND what you're reading. But don't get frustrated if you find that you're studying the majority of the day because that's pretty much the norm (whether or not you get high grades). So I'd say focus more on how EFFECTIVE your study habits are.

I don't see why anyone would research anything they weren't asked to (unless you were having difficulty in something), but hey, if that's what works for you........

Good luck though! Don't be nervous.. just have faith in yourself!!! :)

Archived