Premed 101 Forums

Memorizing Constants

cnb88

So I'm writing my MCAT on July 30th, and studying seems to be going well (I'm remembering a helluva lot more than I thought I did), but I'm most worried about the physics questions-seeing as physics was my worst of all the prereqs (which I'm also worried about for those universities that take prereqs into account- will my not so hot physics prevent me from getting in?... but that's a whole other question.. lol).

So what I'm wondering is... is it necessary/beneficial/required to memorize the various physics constants (like the gravitational constant (G), Faraday's constant (F) and the masses of protons/electrons/earth as well as the R value for chemistry)? I have the acceleration due to gravity memorized-that one is really easy (I figure if I used 10 m/s2 it'll be easier math), but will the others be provided?

I'm kind of freaking out because the exam is getting closer, and yet no matter how much I study, I know it won't be enough! Help!

Hmmm, personally I am not spending time trying to memorize lots of constants. From my experience with practice exams I find the values are given in the question/passage if you need to use it. That said, knowing some basics like gravity, water density, etc. isn't going to hurt- but I wouldn't stress out about them too much.

Good luck with the studying!

Archived