Premed 101 Forums

Mix of international and Canadian grades

Hi everyone, long time lurker, first time poster. Love the forums, and yes, I did use the search function to no avail.

Anyways, I was looking at international opportunities at my university, and I am extreme interested in this "sequential degree" they offer, where I will be able to gain a degree from another international university as well as my own. I am merely inquiring about it, but I am highly interested in a university in Sweden, however their grading for most courses is pretty much how the medical schools work here: upon a purely high pass, pass or fail basis and I would be shocked to find a way that OMSAS can convert that, haha.

So my question is, what would happen to those credits? Would my education in Sweden be completely unusable in terms of calculating GPA? Is it even worth it? Should I just look into the idea of merely taking courses at another international university that will be able to transfer my credits into numerical values that is usable by my university and OMSAS?

Thanks for reading, and for any help you provide. :)

I'm sure if you send an email to the Ontario schools you are interested in asking them directly, they'd be able to answer your question. Maybe try emailing or calling OMSAS too? I'm like 99.99% sure you aren't the first person they've encountered in this situation. Students go abroad all the time.

I have a friend from undergrad who did a year in Europe (Finland maybe? can't remember) and she got into U of A med no problem but I'm not sure about OMSAS.

Good luck and I hope you get the chance to go! I wish I could have done that :D

Archived