Premed 101 Forums

Going too fast / stupid mistakes ...sugestions?

plasticookies

I don't know if anyone is afflicted with the same problem, but suggestions would be really nice :D Based on AAMC 7-10, I found that I tend to move too quickly through the PS and BS sections, and finish with with almost 15 min left for PS and more for BS. The result? A bunch of stupid mistakes, which drop my score at least a point or two.

Frankly, I don't understand how I manage to finish so quickly. I don't feel like I'm pushing myself to finish questions in a hurry (except for VR, haha), so it's hard to tell myself to just slow down. I use the extra time to check over questions, but I'm positive taking it slower and getting the questions correct the first time around would be way better.

So yea...does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe stop and verify that the other answer choices are incorrect? Also, I do set timepoints for finishing passage pairs, but just tellign myself to slow down when I realize I'm speeding up is rather ineffective.

If you have 15 min at the end, don't move to the next section!! Use that time to go over your exam and fix the stupid mistakes.

I almost prefer to go through the exam quickly, and have time at the end to read it over. I feel a lot better knowing that I've at least attempted an answer for each question when time is nearing the end.

Archived