Premed 101 Forums

Two weeks till the big day!

Slimy

I have been studying for couple of hours almost everyday for last two months.

But for a week I haven't touched any book.

I feel like either I'm procrastinating / seeing that studying more won't help since there will always be unexpected questions on the mcat.

I worry about it cause I haven't touched any mcat material for a week and my mcat is only 2 weeks away.

Some essay topics, I can't even pull an essay in 30 min.

I hope I just get doable vr passages and essay topics..dam *frustrated*

That's EXACTLY how I feel. I rationalize that I know my stuff and I just have to be able to apply it on test day, so I feel soooo lazy. I'm actually sitting around right now trying to think of topics I should go over.

As for essay topic, I feel the same way too. I look at some of those prompts on the AAMC site and I just pull a blank. I suggest forcing yourself to do those essays in 30 min, even if they end up really cruddy. Just get yourself into the right mindset for test day. I know I'm going to do that.

Anyway....good luck in two weeks!

Honestly, if you don't know what topics to go over then you should be good. The mistake I made the first time I wrote the test was that I thought the more raw knowledge I had the better. But the MCAT isn't setup like that. You just need to know the basic knowledge, and it helps to be familiar with the more advanced stuff. The passages give you any advanced knowledge you need anyways. The best thing to do is practice and get your mindset in the right gear for the test.

And for WS, theres a set formula on how to do it. First time I did it the PR way and got a Q. Second time I did it the way that someone on this forum suggested and got an R. The rest of it is just a test of how quickly you can BS on the spot. That come with practice as well. ;)

I don't really think you can practice / prepare for writing per say?

I took Princeton last year, did the homework essays but I never did the exercises and I still got an S in writing.

What I did was just made sure I had some news examples for politics and current events.

Then on the essay itself, just make sure you define all the terms and make sure you can fit in the example. Sum it all up in the final paragraph with one deciding factor and you are done.

Archived